CPU overheats close to 100 celsius in 8750h when cpu only works 30 percent

Ashlanjld
Ashlanjld Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
hi guys I bought a acer aspire a715 72g 79r9 About a year ago with 8750h cpu but From the beginning until now the temperature of cpu goes to 98 Celsius  when i am playing games like fortnite or all of the games like need for speed heat or all of the games But the problem is cpu only works 30 percent at the maximum and temperature is close  to 98 Celsius but my gpu that is 1050 ti is working 99 percent with 78 Celsius at the maximum i dont know why my cpu should be at this temp and it was my problem from when i bought this laptop. i checked the temperature with 2 app gpu z and MSI Afterburner. my cpu temp is about 50 Celsius when i am using chrome only for writing this question. help me please help me  I'm very stressed and im sorry that i cant speak english well. help me please if i cant fix it breaks down very quickly.    
and i saw on another forum that somebody had the same problem in nitro 5 and it was because of the tape that was on the cpu that company didnt remove that from the cpu and @JackE found the answer and how can i know that my problem is because of the tape too???????

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    Do what egydiocoelho is saying and use Throttle Stop but and tell us, is your Aspire A715 72G 79R9 under warranty? If it is then consult your Acer Service center and get them to fix the problem, if its not then, open the case and inspect the CPU/GPU and if the fans are not clogged with dust and how the paste condition is? If its not dried out, thin or not covering the core of the CPU/GPU or the other thing that you said "the tape that was on the cpu that company didn't remove that from the cpu"

Btw, repaste both CPU/GPU with a top quality paste, for example, the Thermal Grizzly - Hydronaut paste which has an excellent thermal conductivity, but it was created specifically for users who are looking for a quality product with an excellent performance and heat dispersion and protection, for example, a system that is susceptible to high heat and gaming. Also, you can buy a top end "Tablet Laptop Cooler" (which I'm using and they are excellent to a certain level) as they do lower temps by at least 10c and boost the cross flow ventilation of the case! There are more extreme mods that you can do to the case of the Aspire A715 72G 79R9 as your case is not really that well ventilated and has an inadequate venting slots to dissipate the tremendous heat that the Aspire A715 72G 79R9 generates but, that is a different thing and needs expertise to do that and experience of disassembly and build qualities. Which is not recommended for the novice user! 
  • Ashlanjld
    you know My question is why it should be so hot a week ago i played "may payne 3" in ultra setting and when i was playing cpu works only 15 percent and cpu temp was close 90 celcius but my gpu 73 celcius at max why should my cpu being at this temp. i checked some other laptops whit same hardware 8750h and 1050ti but in more heavy games in ultra setting that cpu works close 40 percent and max temp was 80_85 degree but my laptop cpu temp goes to 98 or for some seconds at 100 celcius (checked with gpu z and msi afterburner) this temp is not normal . The main problem is that when I enter the game, the temperature rises so much in the first minutes of the game Not for a long time. 
    I think there is a hardware problem.
    But I will try this solution for you and tell you the result
  • Ashlanjld
    edited April 2020
    StevenGen said:
    Do what egydiocoelho is saying and use Throttle Stop but and tell us, is your Aspire A715 72G 79R9 under warranty? If it is then consult your Acer Service center and get them to fix the problem, if its not then, open the case and inspect the CPU/GPU and if the fans are not clogged with dust and how the paste condition is? If its not dried out, thin or not covering the core of the CPU/GPU or the other thing that you said "the tape that was on the cpu that company didn't remove that from the cpu"

Btw, repaste both CPU/GPU with a top quality paste, for example, the Thermal Grizzly - Hydronaut paste which has an excellent thermal conductivity, but it was created specifically for users who are looking for a quality product with an excellent performance and heat dispersion and protection, for example, a system that is susceptible to high heat and gaming. Also, you can buy a top end "Tablet Laptop Cooler" (which I'm using and they are excellent to a certain level) as they do lower temps by at least 10c and boost the cross flow ventilation of the case! There are more extreme mods that you can do to the case of the Aspire A715 72G 79R9 as your case is not really that well ventilated and has an inadequate venting slots to dissipate the tremendous heat that the Aspire A715 72G 79R9 generates but, that is a different thing and needs expertise to do that and experience of disassembly and build qualities. Which is not recommended for the novice user! 
    unfortunately it is not under warranty. i am novice and I can't understand the problem with looking motherboard and fans and cpu and gpu too.and about cooling pads my laptop under neath only The upper half has grooves and This makes it impossible to use it well. i think it has  a more fundamental problem that a week ago when i was palyeing a game in ultra setting my gpu works 99% with 75 celcius but my cpu works 14% with close 90 degree at first 10 minute of the playing.How confident you are that repasting paste will be effective. 
    although I create an empty space for air circulation with the small bases under my laptop but it dosent work. 
    If I open it and share photos of the motherboard and its fans with you, will you help me if there is a problem?

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020

Ashlanjld I understand all that your concerns are but, your CPU could have these problems:

a) The CPU is faulty because of continually being overheated (which is a very unlikely thing) and you can do an online “CPU Stress Test Online” or you can do another CPU test called "Prime95" which you can download here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/prime95.html

This is what you do to test with “CPU Stress Test Online”:

1. Go here: https://cpux.net/cpu-benchmark-online?vsid=l2v7w and put your CPU model e.g. i7-6700K etc

2. Start CPU Test

3. Wait (5 min) until the test is over which will analyze your CPU and give you a "Testing results for your CPU" e.g. Rank, Score and Speed

4. Then, go to "CPU Benchmark" and compere your CPU to compare it to a normal CPU ofyour model and consider these results for informational results.

(b) If its overheating because “my cpu works 14% with close 90 degree at first 10 minute” which should not be happening on your Aspire A715 72G 79R9 as there could be repasting and fan dirt obstructing their normal operation.

Now and in saying all of the above, your CPU when the laptop is turned on and working normally (not in gaming) should be at a normal 60c to max 70c and in gaming and extreme gaming it should not exceed 92c or of extensive usage, but and if it does e.g. gets to 95c+ max, the system should turn off automatically, so that you can’t use it and damage either the CPU or GPU.

Repasting (with the paste that I recommended above) and cleaning fans should improve and lower CPU temps by at least and to the normal temps of 60c to 70c normal use and never ever make the CPU go above 92c in gaming or extreme gaming!

To do all this, have a look at what egydiocoelho is suggesting above (even though that is for a Helios 300 which is different to your Aspire A715 72G 79R9 that doesn’t have as good a case ventilation as the Helios 300. Look at the 1 and 2 videos of the things that you need to do a “Repaste” the CPU/GPU in the videos above.

You can do other and more extreme modifications to the case but, you need some expertise as you need to disassemble the whole laptop e.g. take all components out and modify the case with extra vent holes, which is a big job and you need experience, which you don’t have and I wouldn’t recommend it. Do the “Repaste and Fan Clean” and get a good Laptop Tablet Cooler” as that will lower temps to below your high temps, that you have, if your CPU is not damaged, as it will be indicated in and if you do the “CPU Stress Test Online”.