Refurbished Predator Helios 300 2019 restarting on its own Predator PH315-52

Options
oathsworn
oathsworn Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought a recertified helios 300 awhile back and lately it's been driving me crazy because it just randomly restarts itself with no warning or any reason. My temps are never an issue as it's usually at 50-60 while playing games but this issue has happened even when not playing games such as browsing the internet or writing with google docs. I've seen many people have issues with their helios shutting off completely and having issues turning on but my laptop is doing the exact opposite. It will randomly just freeze up with no warning and cut all sounds playing and freeze for a few seconds before shutting off then rebooting itself with the logo screen on a normal restart/power on. When it freezes sometime it will simply freeze in place with whatever was going on in the screen, or sometime it will turn completely off, or in rare cases the screen goes black with a few lines around, I've tried most methods online such as throttling, using the turbo mode for games or whenever, nothing has stopped this. I've never taken it apart to repaste or change anything to the system that may have caused anything to come loose as well. Has anyone had issues with their Helios 300 simply restarting on its own? There seems to be no pattern to this, Sometime it happens twice a day, I've gone a month and a half without this happening which was the longest and I thought it was gone but lately it's been happening a lot more. The Product name is Predator PH315-52