A315-53G-537V how to fix "Mount the EFI System Partition Failed"?

itaha008
itaha008 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
i downloaded the latest bios setup and when I tried to installed it gave me the error mention above.
i am using Asipire 3 (A315-53G-537V) laptop. 
i want a solution of this error without data loss.
Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    What problem are you having with the BIOS firmware already installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• itaha008
    itaha008 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    i want to use dual boot (windows 10+ MacOs High sierra) for that I need some functions to be disabled in bios. 
    but the fun part is that there isn't those function in the bios which I have to disable.
    my current version of bios is 1.21 and I want to update it to version 2.03 which is the latest version
  • Sterces
    Sterces Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited April 2020
    itaha008 said:
    JackE said:
    i want to use dual boot (windows 10+ MacOs High sierra) for that I need some functions to be disabled in bios. 
    but the fun part is that there isn't those function in the bios which I have to disable.
    my current version of bios is 1.21 and I want to update it to version 2.03 which is the latest version
    A Bios update will not give you more options. It's purely security and functionality.

Do you have multiple Drives or partitions?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Do  NOT try to update the BIOS to v2.x as it may brick your machine with that kind of error message. The EFI partition must be at least 200MB for proper mounting. Follow these directions for mounting in this link to avoid any issues with the BIOS firmware changes or modifications. https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/332563-success-acer-aspire-v-15-v5-591g-55tu-high-sierra-dual-boot-windows/

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ