Multiple displays on a Swift I7-8550

Options
Baxter
Baxter Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
 I boughtt a acer computer on amazon looks like a reconditoned one buy pretty new, I already have two others I am trying to connect two screens to it but only the HDMI works the USB and USB c when i connect does not seem to work the 2nd screen

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Dell D6000 Universal Dock Station via USB 3.0

httpssnpidellcomsnpimagesproductslargeDell_Universal_Dock_D6000_mvi5jpg
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Watch out and make sure you get that specific model. Dell has some cheaper USB 3.0 docks that look like can support multiple monitors, but they only allow one monitor connection at a time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• MaClane
    Options
    Good afternoon Baxter !

Which EXACT model of your laptop?
    Only USB Type-C 3.1 Gen2 connections with DP or Thunderbolt support can transfer video.
    Gen1 is for data only.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Baxter
    Options
    Hi  Mclane 
    I have a  swift 315 52  I7 8550  1.8. 100 Gz  I know its not the 52 G which i did not notice when i bought it.  I wonder if there is any other way of connecting two screens.  I have tried a USB to hdmi and a usb c neither seems to send a video signal like the HDMI.  My  other acer is a 52g and supports multiple monitors from the USB to hdmi?   I m afraid i can t return this machine and looking for a solution

Thanks again for your time much appreciated
  • MaClane
    Options
    This model is not supported via USB Type C

Only if you purchase a supported Dock.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Baxter
    Options
    OH OH   where do i get a supported dock and how does it work?  can i run multiple displays?  not just mirror?
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Dell D6000 Universal Dock Station via USB 3.0

httpssnpidellcomsnpimagesproductslargeDell_Universal_Dock_D6000_mvi5jpg

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Baxter
    Options
    Thanks, this is so helpful did not now this existed.  so this means even thou none of my current USB ports can display on a screen this device will allow my USB  to do that? I have my HDMI that works fine. If this is so is there a cheaper version I only need one more display? sorry for so many question and i really do appreciate the help!!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Watch out and make sure you get that specific model. Dell has some cheaper USB 3.0 docks that look like can support multiple monitors, but they only allow one monitor connection at a time.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Baxter
    Options

HI Thank you Billsey,   ok will do.    Just to make sure again if my USB ports will not put out any display this unit will allow me to connect to one of these non display USBs on my computer then to the hub and then out to my displays and it will work
  • MaClane
    Options
    Opt for this specific model which other users have already confirmed the operation of multiple monitors.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™