Battery not charging.

Options
akash1997
akash1997 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi..
I am using a Acer Nitro 5 and its been a year & half since I am using it. Its always been a good laptop until now.
For last three weeks I was work from home. So, I had to keep my laptop on and charging for the whole day, sometimes even night.
Suddenly yesterday my laptop was not turning on when I pressed the power button.
So I tried to keep to hold the power button for 15-20 second, that didn't work.
Then I checked the power socket and charger, they were good.

I was wondering what could have happen.
Then, after 3 hour out of surprise the laptop turned on when pressed the power button again, I have no idea why it turned on and why the same not happening before that.
I was happy that it worked finally and now that I can do my job. But that happiness didn't last long. When I discovered the battery is not charging.
The laptop is now plugged in and running on 0% battery, the percentage has not increased a bit for last 2hrs of charging.
And when I unplugged the charge, laptop is shutting down.
Now, I am using my laptop as a desktop i.e if the power went out the whole system will shut.

Please help me.
What could possibly the reason the battery not charging??
And how can I fix that?? 
I cannot go to Service Centre due to covid19 lockdown.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,131 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device Manager, expand Batteries, right click Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery, select Properties and uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver, then fully charge the battery before start using it(let it charge for a longer period).

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Which model do you have?
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• akash1997
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device Manager, expand Batteries, right click Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery, select Properties and uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver, then fully charge the battery before start using it(let it charge for a longer period).

Hello, 
    I tried the step mentioned by you. But it didn't seems to work.
    So the exact steps had taken are -

1) Open Device Manager
    2) Unistall "Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery"
    3) Restart System
    4) Windows automatically installed "
    Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery".
    5) Shut down laptop
    6) Keep it for charging for 2hrs
    7) Again open the laptop and found the percentage as 0% same as earlier.

Did i miss anything??
  • akash1997
    Options
    batmalin said:
    Which model do you have?
    Acer Nitro AN515-52
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,131 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    If you are within the warranty period, please contact Acer support in your region and get it fixed, if you are out of warranty period, you can open the back cover, remove the battery and leave the laptop to rest, then reinsert the battery and try charging to full capacity before start using, please read the post by @JWA1979 in this thread:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/551257/charging-cable-plugged-in-but-battery-is-not-charging
  • Yumiii
    Yumiii Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also have the same problem and I've also tried your suggestions aside from updating BIOS. I have an Acer Aspire E 14 (E5-411-C1Y4). I own this laptop for 5 years already so it's beyond the warranty. Do you think I need to replace the battery?
  • akash1997
    Options
    Yumiii said:
    I also have the same problem and I've also tried your suggestions aside from updating BIOS. I have an Acer Aspire E 14 (E5-411-C1Y4). I own this laptop for 5 years already so it's beyond the warranty. Do you think I need to replace the battery?
    Hello,

I am facing this issue now for more than a week. After reading through many answers and comments from differentcommunity, I came to a conclusion that this is solely a  battery problem which occur when you play a game/run a heavy task, without charging the battery to its full 100%.
    I believe Acer should mention this as its guideline to every laptop user.

Step you can try if this same error happens to you.
    1) Battery reset (2, 3 times)
    2) Uninstall/install ACPI- COmpliant Control Method Battery.

If, both the steps doesn't work, you have to go for a battery replacement.

Note - Check your AC adapter once before battery replacemeent.