Charging cable plugged in but battery is not charging

Options
blustack3r
blustack3r Member Posts: 9 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I have Nitro AN515-51 and it seems my battery is not charging anymore. I have tried battery reset and to downgrade the Chipset but still battery wont charge at all

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Have you tried reinstalling "Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery" driver? If not, go to Device manager, expand Batteries, go to Properties of Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    If that doesn't help, go to BIOS settings, click F9 button and then click F10 to save and exit.

• blustack3r
    Options
    i already did both but still problem persists.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You may have to send it for a service under warranty, contact Acer Support in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try doing a power reset before! To do this, turn the notebook over and locate a hole with a battery symbol next to it and press it for five seconds and then leave the notebook off for five minutes and test!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • blustack3r
    Options
    i have done the same thing. reset the battery and wait for 5 or more minutes but still nothing
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What did you say as "chipset downgrade", did you mean "bios downgrade"? Are you using the original power adapter to charge the battery? Have you checked whether the problem occurs with another adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • blustack3r
    Options
    i have seen on similar post that you must install the chipset driver found on acer driver downloads but when i try to install it, it asks if i want to downgrade the current version. There is a new update also on the bios but i dont want to install it since my unit is still on warranty and i dont want to mess with bios since it is the bios.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Options
    On the battery icon next to the clock, does a red "x" appear indicating that the battery needs to be replaced? Can you show the link of this post? Does the battery LED blink in amber?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blustack3r
    Options
    no it doesn't have that icon.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does not the battery icon appear? If this is the case, go to the device manager and click on the battery driver; then click Disable and Enable again:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blustack3r
    edited September 2018
    Options
    i have already done that but no success.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So I recommend you use the laptop warranty and take it to the Acer service center to be repaired!
    It is possible that the battery is not connected correctly or is defective! But to check if the battery is not connected properly, you need to open the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    To discard a problem with the driver, make sure the battery is charged in safe mode! To do this, press windows + r and type msconfig; then go boot the system and select safe boot and restart the notebook and check if the battery is charged or not!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blustack3r
    Options
    i will try to do this but i think the new bios update will solve the problem but i will not risk to update the bios since it is the bios and my laptop is under warranty
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can also restore the system to factory defaults to rule out any possibility of a hardware problem! When you turn on the notebook, press and hold the alt + f10 keys to display a blue screen and choose whether to keep files or erase the disc!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• blustack3r
    Options
    i have also done that but still no success.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So I recommend that you use the laptop warranty to fix this problem!
    It is relatively easy to open the notebook if you even want to try to reconnect the battery! However, ask the technical support in your area if you invalidate the warranty when opening the notebook!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfoUkIazNA

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JWA1979
    JWA1979 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    [SOLVED]
    I had the same issue mentioned above with my battery not charging on my AN715-51-796C laptop. I sent mine in for repair but Acer couldn't not replicate the issue. They gave me a free Chicony power adapter. My laptop seemed to be working fine with the new adapter until a month later I started having the same issue again. I called Acer again but they couldn't provide any new help other than to send me another power adapter. I decided to perform a very general Google search on "laptop battery not charging" and found a CNET article titled: "How to fix a Windows 10 laptop that's plugged in but isn't charging". The article provides straightforward instructions on how to resolve the issues. Listed below is the link, with the instructions outlined. So far, the fix is working for me. Hopefully it will help others having this same issue. 

• Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting Device Manager.
    • Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
    • Right-click ON EACH ITEM (BOTH) and choose Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.
    • Shut down your laptop.
    • Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
    • If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. My laptop does not have a removable battery. I tried skipping this step but it didn't work, so I removed the bottom panel of my laptop and then removed the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.
    • Put the battery back in if you removed it.
    • Plug in your laptop.
    • Power on your laptop.
    • Click the battery icon in the system tray and you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    @JWA1979 Please read the entire Topic he has already done those things

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★