My acer swift one won’t turn on

Vyce
Vyce Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I went to factory reset it and i turned it off and then it went into the boot up for a couple hours just looping and then the screen went all black and the dot on the side has just been blinking orange. How do i turn it back on

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Why did you do a factory reset? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vyce

Tinkerer

cause i wanted to have a fresh start to the laptop 
  • Vyce

Tinkerer

can you please help me because i’m unable to get on my laptop
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button for about 5 seconds till the laptop turns off. Then press and hold the ALT key and the F10 key. Then while still holding the ALT + F10 keys, press the power button to turn the machine on. A recovery screen should appear again as shown below. Choose the remove everything factory reset. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vyce

Tinkerer

i’ve done that and the orange light on the side is just blinking and the screen won’t turn on what do i do
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    If you press and hold the power button with the charger disconnected, does the light shut off after a while?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vyce

Tinkerer

no it just keeps blinking
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    OK, which Swift 1 do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Remove the charger. Insert and hold a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole. While still holding the paperclip in the hole, press and hold  the power button. Hold these positions for about 30 seconds. Then reconnect the charger. Wait for the charge light to go from orange to blue. Then try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vyce

Tinkerer

i’ve done that now the screen is on but it’s just black
  • JackE
    Press the FN+F6 toggle key combination to see if the screen will show. Is the LED still blinking or is it steady on now? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vyce

Tinkerer

the screen eventually went back to the acer screen and it reversed the reset and gave me all my files back when i did the battery reset with the power button. I truly appreciate it you helped me get back my computer.
  • JackE
    Congrats on your success. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chipinge35
    Chipinge35 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Swift 1080 about 18 months wouldn't start. I tried different chargers and holding down power button to no avail. I saw the advice to put the paperclip in the battery recharge hole at the back for 30 seconds. I used a smartphone smart card pin, held it in for 30 seconds and left the laptop off for 25 minutes, then plugged in a charger. Ten minutes later I opened it and it was already on. Many thanks

• Vyce

Tinkerer

@chipinge35 i’m glad it worked for you these guys helped both of us
  • Rephulusitswe25
    Rephulusitswe25 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Good evening 
    my new acre swift 1 does not switch on
  • JackE

The charger must be plugged in. But you should not try to turn it on until the battery charge LED has turned from steady orange to steady blue. This may take up to 8 hours to turn blue.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Rephulusitswe25,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• khenjjj
    khenjjj Member Posts: 1 New User
    Help me pls. My Acer Swift 1 is not opening. It had just been charged and even if I charge it again no lights are displayed on the charging and on the power lights. The screen stayed black
  • JackE

This thread is more than a  year old. For better attention please post your own new thread by clicking on ask a question button. And please state your full swift model number, for example SF314-21.

Jack E/NJ