Refresh rate issue?

BluesCruz
BluesCruz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hello I am having a refresh rate issue with my Acer predator XB273k, over the weekend it was reading 144 hz and over night it locked to 30 hz and I assumed it was a faulty display port cable, therefore I replaced with a brand new 1.4 Display port cable and it's still locked to 30 hz. I've messed with Nvidia control panel settings and windows display settings to find a solution but I've had no luck. I even revert some drivers all across fearing if some drivers we're conflicting with each other. My question is, if it's the physical monitor having issues or If my GPU is the culprit (EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition Gaming, 11GB GDDR5X)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    What resolution are you trying? If you are in 4K mode, try and see whether it'll allow faster refreshes at 1K. 30Hz is a common frequency for 4K since it takes half the bandwidth of 60Hz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BluesCruz
    BluesCruz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank for replying! I'm trying for all resolutions. It's locked 30hz all across resolutions. Over the weekend, all resolutions we're hovering 75hz +. Then overnight is when everything got locked to 30hz