Acer PO3-600 Cant burn cd

Vill
Vill Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I have Acer PO3-600 Desktop. It will not burn to cd. I have removed it using Device Manager and re-started PC but still will not burn. It is under warranty but as shops are closed I cannot return it for repair

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK, the drive itself is correct for being able to read and write to CDs and DVDs, up to the dual layer versions, but not Blu-ray. It was pretty easy to get the specs from a google on DA-8AESH. I found other instances where the drive can fail such that it still reads but doesn't write and in those cases the fix was to replace the drive. How old is our machine? Still in warranty? If it's in warranty contact Acer support, if not the drive itself is reasonably cheap and not tough to replace yourself. A new one will come without the front bezel, you will reuse your existing bezel since that's custom to your machine.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    In device manager check to see which model the DVD drive is and report back here. Does it read discs OK? What type of disc are you trying to burn?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vill
    Slimtype DVD A DA8AESH, Yes it will read cd and dvd. I usually burn Data discs of Photo's I sometimes make audio disc of music. Vill
  • Vill
    edited April 2020
    Not sure if this is relevant, but there is no IDE ATA/ATAPI-Controller showing in Device manager. Not sure if it should, but some you tube videos mention it.
    This is a New PC purchased in November 2019 so maybe it no longer exists on these machines
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    OK, the drive itself is correct for being able to read and write to CDs and DVDs, up to the dual layer versions, but not Blu-ray. It was pretty easy to get the specs from a google on DA-8AESH. I found other instances where the drive can fail such that it still reads but doesn't write and in those cases the fix was to replace the drive. How old is our machine? Still in warranty? If it's in warranty contact Acer support, if not the drive itself is reasonably cheap and not tough to replace yourself. A new one will come without the front bezel, you will reuse your existing bezel since that's custom to your machine.