Monitor flickering (Acer ED273)

Nate0404
Nate0404 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
I was moving my setup a little bit, and when I plugged in my monitor the Acer logo wouldn't show up. The screen would just flicker. I took the monitor out of my setup and just plugged it into the wall with no video cable, just the monitor and the power. The Acer logo wouldn't show up and the monitor kept on flickering. This came as a surprise as the monitor had just been working minutes ago since I was testing to see if everything was working, but when I went to plug it in again to finalize everything it just started doing this. I was wondering if there is anything I'm missing here. Thanks for all your help!

Monitor:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-ED273-wmidx-FREESYNC-Technology/dp/B075KFPJ5C?th=1

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Double check that the power cable is fully seated, it's not hard to get it almost fully plugged in. If that isn't the issue unplug all cables from the monitor then press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds to bleed off any residual power. Reconnect the cables and try powering it back on. Let us know the results...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nate0404
    I made a bit of progress with this advice. I made sure the power cable was fully seated and nothing new, so that wasn't the problem. But holding the power button got me somewhere. Although the screen still is flickering heavily, The Acer logo came up, and in some cases, the setting menu came up. But the flickering soon took over and those faded away. Also reminder that I am just keeping the power cable in and nothing else, just the monitor and the power outlet.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    To do the power reset you need to press and hold the power button with everything, even the power cable, disconnected. That bleeds off any stored electricity in the components and allows you start from a real power up, rather from the 'where you left off' power up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nate0404
    I did this and it seemed to help but this still kept happening. Is it just broken?

here is a video of the actual flickering:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_l4gMYDRY&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Nate