Did you just send me a notification with an ad on my 1600£ laptop? How dare you?

Options
FrenzyGr
FrenzyGr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2020 in Predator Laptops
How on earth did someone over at Acer thought this was a good idea? I was a good customer, I liked your gaming laptops, but after this I doubt I'll ever buy one again.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Settings, System, click Notifications and actions, switch off notifications from apps and other senders in the right pane. 

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    @FrenzyGr "How dare you"?  really!!!!  Learn Windows basics and turn off Notifications

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• FrenzyGr
    Options
    To the 2 people that said I should turn off notifications,

I shouldn't been getting ad notifications from Acer Jumpstart to begin with. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options
    FrenzyGr said:
    To the 2 people that said I should turn off notifications,

I shouldn't been getting ad notifications from Acer Jumpstart to begin with. 
    Hi,
    Notifications are Windows feature and they provide a choice in settings to turn off, you can get quick access to Acer support page with Acer Jumpstart , if you prefer, you have the choice of uninstalling it, at the end of the day, you have the control over what you do with your laptop.
  • FrenzyGr
    Options
    How do you guys keep missing the point is beyond me. 

Yes I can turn off notifications. And choose what programs to have installed. 

But I shouldn't be getting an ad with my factory enabled programs to begin with. It's bad practice.
  • zfilip
    zfilip Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Made account just for this purpose: I can't believe that anyone disagrees with this or does not get this. What application is doing is basically malware behaviour as no one ever asked or expected to get advertisements from basic utility program. While it was at it, it could have installed admin account for Acer employees silently - it's just basic Windows feature, it's easy to disable after all! Bonus points for all legit notifications from this application that I'll miss because I had to turn them off.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

Sadly, most of the OEMs push bloatware and the accompanying ads. It's the same even in flagship Android phones. Even iOS is starting to push ads.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!