Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31 battery?

Options
valdeS71
valdeS71 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I'm not that experienced when changing batteries to a laptop. Recently, battery from my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31 has died and now I'd need to change it. What are the batteries that I could use for my laptop without doing damage to it by getting wrong battery?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    How did you diagnose that the battery is faulty? have you checked the battery status with hwinfo64? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • valdeS71

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    Options
    I assumed it was something to do with my battery, my charger was fine (worked on another device). Tried to charge my laptop one day but it didn't react to it in any way. Can't really do anything on that laptop anymore as it doesn't have any power left.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Make sure this button is installed:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, I have that button installed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Place a few layers of electrical tape over the button!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    Tested that, the laptop still doesn't react in any way.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do the battery and power LEDs light or flash?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    Nope, they do not flash.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! What happens when you disconnect the lithium battery and try to turn on the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    Nothing happens when I disconnect it, doesn't turn on or anything.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked if the battery reset button is loose or stuck down?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    On that button that you posted, there is some minimal movement to the sides when pushed down.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I mean the lition battery reset button and not the power interrupt button. Did you check if the battery reset button is stuck down, that is, without any movement?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    The battery reset button is moving just fine, doesn't do anything to the laptop though.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is your notebook still under warranty? Have you ever tried to disconnect the rams memories and test them individually?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    Don't think it has warranty anymore. Haven't tested my ram memories either. My only worry is all the photos in that laptop, like I don't necessarily have any need for the laptop anymore as I will be getting my desktop pc soon. So all I care about is those photos. Could it work if I took out memory disc and put it in some other pc to save my photos? Or could a new battery work (if it's the battery that's broken)?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    There is no problem with removing the hdd. Now, I would start testing the rams memories. If that doesn't work, test the power adapter with a multimeter and see 19v displays.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok, I'll check my power adapter in the morning. How can I check the ram if I can't access my laptop? Guess if these do not work I might just move the hdd to another pc.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Just swap the ram memory. If there are two rams, test each one individually.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• valdeS71

Tinkerer

Options
    So I've now tested the ram and my charger. Ram was fine, but using multimeter on charger, it just showed 0,50, so assuming that's where the problem is. If not, I think I'll just remove the hdd and save that. Thanks for your help