Why my newly bought Acer Nitro AN515-54 (1660 Ti 6GB) is Giving Low FPS at every game.

Senehe
Senehe Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

My laptop does not perform well even though i have an powerfull GPU. Sometime it does not give 60 FOS during firefights in Apex Legends and Fortnight. Thus happnes to every game. Even though i reduce the ingame Graphics setting the FPS doesnt get higher. PLS HELP!

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    @Senehe you need to update you gpu driver and some settings just follow every steps
    important-
    Update your graphic driver you have to install nvidia software for that, driver in acer site are just base driver.

GET GAME READY DRIVER

For each major game release, NVIDIA works closely with developers to boost performance, fix bugs, and improve your gaming experience. Technologies like NVIDIA GameWorks™ give you the tools to optimize gameplay and bring you these improvements through a Game Ready driver update. GeForce Experience automatically notifies you when these drivers are available and, with a single click, lets you update to the latest driver—without leaving your desktop. 

First time Download software from nvidia site, go through my link then select you graphic card details and download game ready driver 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

After installation open nvidia software go 3d settings and add you game .exe file and set plan high performance nvidia processor then you can open you game

1)Set high performance plan from predatorsense 
    2)always play while plug in to get 100% without charging you get 50%performance 

Click on yes if you issue solve 

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Senehe

Tinkerer

Thank you for looking in to my problem. Above mentioned instructions are already done. i have latest nvidea drivers also BIOS are up to date. 
  • GAMING6698
    @senehe in noth games apex and fortnite V-sync is turn on you need to turn off or disable this setting

• Have you ever let the battery charge 100% and also set the battery to high performance, putting the minimum and maximum performance state of the processor at 100%?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Senehe

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho YES battery is charged to 100% and put to high performance.
  • Senehe

Tinkerer

GAMING6698 V sync is OFF for both games.
  • GAMING6698
    @Senehe also check in nvidia software if their is v-sync,g-sync,fast-sync turn on 

• Senehe

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698 Its turned off. I ckecked
  • GAMING6698
    @senehe 1)check your temperature when you experience lag by pressing on nitrisense button
    2)run userbenchmark to check your gpu is performing on as expected or not
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/resources/download/UserBenchMark.exe

• calisa05
    calisa05 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2020
    I have recently bought the same model of Nitro 5. In the reviews they play PUBG with 90-100 avarage FPS in ultra settings but all I can get is around 55-80 FPS. But when I checked the benchmark tests the results was almost the same with the ones in the reviews. I'm going to follow this subject of yours. If I can find some new information about the problem I'll write down here. By the way you can also undervolt your CPU with "Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility". By using it I could get 1/4 more CPU benchmark results and the heat went down a little.
  • Senehe

Tinkerer

@calisa05 i have the same problem. I undervolted my GPU and got better Benchmark results but still fps didnt change. My games  were laggin.  It didnt work. And gpu and cpu benchmark scores are lower than normal for me. :(
  • Senehe

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698 i tested my GPU and CPU benchmarks.  My CPU give 1414 points and my GPU is 87.5 FPS in cinebench r15. Both those scores are lower than what i am supposed to have. :( . And my PC when its idle Cpu temp is 65 - 70 C :(
  • GAMING6698
    @senehe looks like temperature making clock speed decrease.
    Play your game and when you experience FPS DROP or LAG then press nitrosense button and check temperature 
    Don't close your game keep it running in background.
    If there is no nitrosense button in your laptop then press window key, game will we minimized then open nitrosense and check temperature tell me 

• Senehe

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698 Its 91C when playing every game. 

• Senehe

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698
    CPU temp is 91C
    GPU temp is 86C or 89C
  • GAMING6698
    edited April 2020
    @senehe your laptop is overheating, In this temperature GPU/CPU clock speed decreases to protect system from heat at that time you experienced lag.

Some laptop default come with bad thermal paste.I advise you visit or send your laptop to acer service centre.
    They will apply new thermal paste,clean your fans and air vent.
    Thermal repasting is very effective 

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • calisa05
    calisa05 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This topic helped me a lot. The heat reduced around 60-70 degrees. Before I used Throttlestop the heat was around 80-90. Thanks so much!
  • Senehe

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    I did the undervolt according to the instructions in the link you sent. But still there is no change. My CPU temp is always 92C playing games and FPS goes below 60. it doesnt change even when i reduce graphic settings and resolution. PLS HELP!
  • You can try to lower the processor power to 95% and change the cooling to passive in the power options.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer