AN515-52 How can i remove my laptop's keyboard? I spilled on it and i cant boot it up.

nitrondi1st
nitrondi1st Member Posts: 8 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I spilled on my AN515-52, and i can't get it to boot up properly. Sometimes if i apply pressure near the numpad keys and the enter key (where most of the spill happened) it will boot up. However it shutsdown seconds/minutes after booting, kind of like when you just hold down the power button, and thats my main problem, i can't seem to get it to, even if i get it to power up, the broken keyboard/power button just forces it to shut down.

Its been a few days already and i haven't been able to use it. I've disasemmbled the laptop a lot of times, and i've checked that the electronics in the bottom werent harmed or anything, it was only the keyboard. 

What can i do to make this get to the keyboard? I want to take it out and clean it properly, or even just find a reliable way to make power on and use a usb keyboard? 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Google 'an515-52 replacement keyboard' You're better off installing a replacement KB for less than $40. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Google 'an515-52 replacement keyboard' You're better off installing a replacement KB for less than $40. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    >>>I spilled on my AN515-52, and i can't get it to boot up properly. Sometimes if i apply pressure near the numpad keys and the enter key (where most of the spill happened) it will boot up. >>>

What did you spill on it. If it was plain water, we might be able to bring it back. Anything else, forget it. Replace the keyboard.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ