Camera does not work on acer laptop

garryk
garryk Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
The camera does not work on the acer swift laptop. Reinstalled windows using the built-in recovery application - it did not help. Permissions for the camera program are given. When the built-in Camera application is launched, a black screen is displayed, while it is clear that the application turns the camera on and off - the green diode lights up.
What could be the reason?

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 4/4/2020, 18:57:00
             Machine name: LAPTOP-BESA6BLT
               Machine Id: {BCF9656A-A2C5-413C-BA19-96FCADFAB200}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Домашняя для одного языка 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                 Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian)
      System Manufacturer: Acer
             System Model: Swift SF314-52
                     BIOS: V1.08 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
                   Memory: 4096MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 3974MB RAM
                Page File: 5174MB used, 1111MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: Unknown
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode
---------------------
Video Capture Devices
Number of Devices: 1
---------------------
           FriendlyName: PC Camera
               Category: Camera
           SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_1bcf&pid_0b09&mi_00#6&ef07ea2&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global
               Rotation: 0
           Manufacturer: Майкрософт
             HardwareID: USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0B09&REV_0100&MI_00,USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0B09&MI_00
             DriverDesc: USB Video Device
         DriverProvider: Microsoft
          DriverVersion: 10.0.18362.693
      DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00
    DriverDateLocalized: 21.06.2006 0:00:00
                Service: usbvideo
                  Class: Camera
          DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
            ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}
            ProblemCode: No Problem
  BusReportedDeviceDesc: PC Camera
                 Parent: USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0B09\01.00.00
      DriverProblemDesc: n/a
           UpperFilters: n/a
           LowerFilters: WdmCompanionFilter
                  Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\ACPI,\Driver\usbccgp
      ContainerCategory: n/a
          SensorGroupID: n/a
                   MFT0: n/a
                   DMFT: n/a
    CustomCaptureSource: n/a
  DependentStillCapture: n/a
     EnablePlatformDMFT: n/a
              DMFTChain: n/a
 EnableDshowRedirection: n/a
     FrameServerEnabled: n/a
        AnalogProviders: n/a
             ProfileIDs: n/a

Answers

• does the camera appear as a hidden device?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • garryk

Tinkerer

No. It is well defined and visible as a PC-camera device. Screenshot.

• Check here too:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • garryk

Tinkerer

The privacy settings include permissions for both the camera and microphone

• Click here and activate all applications.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garryk

Tinkerer

Permissions for Camera and Skype apps have been installed. Additionally included permissions for all other applications in the Camera and Microphone sections. Did not help. The behavior has not changed. I launch the Camera application - it shows a black screen.
  • test camera here: https://pt.webcamtests.com/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garryk

Tinkerer

https://webcamtests.com/ sees the video camera, but attempts to test it are unsuccessful

• What happens when you reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• garryk

Tinkerer

The camera did not work for a while. Now I run all the tests after recovering from alt + f10. I believe that the problem is in the camera driver. But there is no camera driver on the Acer site for this model. And Windows, when trying to update the driver in the device manager, or when removing the device, always finds the same driver. 

The events for the PC Camera have the following warnings: 
    The  device USB\VID_1BCF&PID_0B09&MI_00\6&ef07ea2&0&0000 was not moved due to a partial or ambiguous match. Last device instance code: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B5F7&MI_00\6&16ea77b9&0&0000 Class GUID: {6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}Location Path: PCIROOT (0) #PCI (1400) #USBROOT (0) #USB (7) #USBMI (0)Movement Rank: 0xF000FFFF00000021Present: trueCondition: 0xC0000719
  • Have you tried to uninstall the camera driver in the device manager and restart windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer