USB-C capability

Merry
Merry Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying the Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-54) for playing older games (such as WoW) on. I'd like to hook it up to my current dock that I use with my work laptop, the Dell D6000. I use this to hook up to a BENQ 4k monitor, to power the laptop and to link up to my USB wireless keyboard and mouse. Does anyone know if the same will work with this machine (for example power over USB-C)?

Thanks,

Merry

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Merry !

The USB-Type C of this series is only Gen1, it does not transfer a video signal.
    Only Gen2 with DP or Thunderbolt support.

In that case, you must use the USB 3.0 port with your 6000 dock

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Merry !

The USB-Type C of this series is only Gen1, it does not transfer a video signal.
    Only Gen2 with DP or Thunderbolt support.

In that case, you must use the USB 3.0 port with your 6000 dock

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!