Support for external Thunderbolt 3 enabled monitor for Predator P09_9000_RGB machine

Krishna0808
Krishna0808 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I recently bought a predator machine (Predator Orion P09_9000_RGB) and overall I am very happy with this machine. I also have "LG UltraFine 5K Display https://www.lg.com/in/monitors/lg-27MD5KA-B" which supports only supports Thunderbolt 3. I use it with my Macbook Pro and it works great there. However, I am not able to get it to work with my predator machine.

Going through the internet, I found that people have managed to use this display with windows machines but none of them have information for ACER machines: https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/5fan7e/lg_ultrafine_4k_compatible_with_windows_10_on_a_pc/. For machines that do not have a thunderbolt 3 slot, people have used a thunderbolt 3 expansion card if the motherboard supports it but as per the information shared by people, the motherboard should support thunderbolt 3. In most of such cases, the information was for the information was for non-acer machines.

I had contacted ACER support through my vendor but have not received a satisfactory response. I am putting my question here in case someone else ran into t his same problem. It will be great if people can advise me about the source of action. The machine is still under warranty so i am not sure if there is some dedicated channel to get better support from ACER.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Unfortunately, from the information that I have, this PC has one regular Type C 3.1(Gen 2), which isn't thunderbolt. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!