My ED322QR keeps flashing white, red, green, blue and black screen

Options
Risa4
Risa4 Member Posts: 1 New User
I've been able to get the monitor to work, temporarily.  About every five to ten minutes it seems to become 'corrupt' and will flash the colors across the screen again.  It will sometimes work itself back to the normal screen after a few minutes.  Other times it will not.  This was just purchased and I unboxed it today.  Any ideas on what is going on?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    It sounds like it's in some sort of test mode. If there's nothing obvious in the OSD menu try a power reset. Disconnect all cables, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or longer. Release the button, hook up the cables again and power it back on. If that doesn't fix it you're liable to have to get official help. Since it's so new it'll be fastest to just have the vendor do a replacement. Sending it to Acer for repair is liable to take a while, especially in the current crisis.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ZeCoffeeZombie
    ZeCoffeeZombie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I also have an ED322QR and when I unboxed it it was fine, my 'flashening' happened after an update. The monitor worked perfect for about a week or two, then I updated my graphics driver and then the flicker/flashing started. I've watched about a half dozen youtube videos claiming 4-6 different "fixes" for the issue, but none lasted. I recently uninstalled the graphics driver entirely and used onboard to download and install the latest graphics driver. That 'fix' didn't work. The problem seems to occur most when I turn the computer on for the first time in a few hours, like in the morning when I get up, or if I go afk for at least an hour or two.

But, exactly, exactly what happens each time, is:
    The screen gets a slight flicker to the screen, followed by static spreading along the edges of the screen, and seem to go right down the exact middle of the monitor, and then the static starts to join the flicker, and then the screen goes blank, and flashes white, red, green, blue, then black. Sometimes, physical violence has solved the problem, like slapping the sides or bottom, as though it were the backside of a siblings head, other times this causes the color wheel to cut out early, and the screen goes black, which then fades into some sort of blue/white grid, and that's when the monitor is down for the count until I turn it off and back on.

There's usually 5-6 flickering/flashing tantrums on each start-up, then the monitor functions as intended.
    This isn't how a product should be functioning though. This is wrong. I've resigned myself to devoting about 10 minutes a day trying to get my monitor to function for now, it's only a matter of time before I rage quit this thing out my window though.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We suggest you contact Acer support to setup repair for your monitor, if the troubleshooting suggested by our ACE member billsey have not help fix the issue.

Please click on link bellow to contact Acer support in your region.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • jch
    jch Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I also have an ED322QR and when I unboxed it it was fine, my 'flashening' happened after an update. The monitor worked perfect for about a week or two, then I updated my graphics driver and then the flicker/flashing started. I've watched about a half dozen youtube videos claiming 4-6 different "fixes" for the issue, but none lasted. I recently uninstalled the graphics driver entirely and used onboard to download and install the latest graphics driver. That 'fix' didn't work. The problem seems to occur most when I turn the computer on for the first time in a few hours, like in the morning when I get up, or if I go afk for at least an hour or two.

The screen gets a slight flicker to the screen, followed by static spreading along the edges of the screen, and seem to go right down the exact middle of the monitor, and then the static starts to join the flicker, and then the screen goes blank, and flashes white, red, green, blue, then black. Sometimes, physical violence has solved the problem, like slapping the sides or bottom, as though it were the backside of a siblings head, other times this causes the color wheel to cut out early, and the screen goes black, which then fades into some sort of blue/white grid, and that's when the monitor is down for the count until I turn it off and back on.

There's usually 5-6 flickering/flashing tantrums on each start-up, then the monitor functions as intended.
    This isn't how a product should be functioning though. This is wrong. I've resigned myself to devoting about 10 minutes a day trying to get my monitor to function for now, it's only a matter of time before I rage quit this thing out my window though.
    I agree with ZeCoffee, when I initially purchased this monitor it worked fine for several months... This started happening to me right after a system update this spring which I remember because I started working from home around the same time and I also use the monitor for work and I was debating whether it was the system update or connecting to my work laptop which caused the problem.

I am experiencing the exact same fuzziness around the central and medial axes then flickering.... as I type this actually my sscreen is now on Red lol... yep just flickering, this is really annoying because it will just do this out of the blue! I cannot imagine someone with a proneness to epilepsy would do sometimes its even a bit much for me with how sudden it is.  The problem will go away 90% of the time by disconnecting and reconnecting the power cord. 
  • Saadsherws
    Saadsherws Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Did you get it fixed? If yes how did u get it fixed?
  • Saadsherws
    Saadsherws Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Risa4 said:
    I've been able to get the monitor to work, temporarily.  About every five to ten minutes it seems to become 'corrupt' and will flash the colors across the screen again.  It will sometimes work itself back to the normal screen after a few minutes.  Other times it will not.  This was just purchased and I unboxed it today.  Any ideas on what is going on?
    Did you get it fixed? If yes how did u get it fixed?
  • kushalbhola
    kushalbhola Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Did you get it fixed. Is there any documentation on how to open the device. It could be a loose lvds cable or something?
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ Risa4
    It's possible the game is throwing the monitor into diagnostics mode which is the only known reason for that color flashing sequence. You can ask more about the hardware aspect of this at Tom's hardware forums above as they are best at this. To test this you can try another monitor to compare.