X34P Won't Turn On

Imperator314
Imperator314 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I have an X34P monitor that I've been using daily without issue for several months. Yesterday, after using it as normal, I logged off my computer, left to go to work, and returned several hours later. When I went back to my computer, I couldn't get the monitor to turn on. After fiddling with cables for a little bit, I noticed that the monitor's power LED was completely off, not orange to indicate standby mode. I unplugged every cable and set it back up at a different power outlet that I was 100% sure worked, still nothing. There's no visible damage to any of the components.

I'm concerned that there's some small part inside, a switch or capacitor or something, that went bad, and I'll have to ship it in to be fixed. Is there some other fix I can try that I've missed, or am I out of luck?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    You can try a power reset. Disconnect all cables then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Wait a few minutes then plug everything back in and try again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Imperator314
    That unfortunately did not work. Thanks anyway though.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Darn, do you have any way to check the power supply? If not then your best bet is to contact Acer support for warranty repair. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Imperator314
    No, I don't. I've contacted them, but who knows when I'll hear anything back because of corona virus. Thanks for your help.