Acer aspire Laptop does not charge battery anymore, works only when plugged in

Options
Seppe
Seppe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Goodmorning all! 
I hope you are all fine in this time! 

I know there are a lot of questions asked like this one but none gave me a solution...

After a lot of searching trough the internet and the acer community I did not find any solutions for the battery problem of my laptop...
I found some forums and questions with the same problem (but not the same model), all steps and solutions here didn't solve it.

Problem is: When I unplugged my laptop yesterday's evening he fell out immediately. What's strange because he was charging all day.  Normally when I try to turn him on when the battery is low he still show like an icon on the screen "battery level critical" or something like that. Didn't do that this time. I booted my laptop again, this time plugged in and the little battery icon in the bottom was "charging" for a few seconds but then it stopped. He had only 4% left. When I tuned him off again and went to sleep I let him charge all night, came back today and wouldn't charge without power supply. booted plugged in and he had 0%. It says he's plugged in, but it's not charging anymore... 
never had anything like it...
What I do have encountered before is that he sometimes just randomly shut down without any warning...

SOME SPECS:
- windows 10 (latest version & updates) 
- Laptop model: acer aspire e15 e5-575g 560w (no removable battery), Bought on: 8th November 2016 (so maybe the battery has had its time?) 
-no modifications done to the laptop
-never before send back for warranty
-everyday use (A lot of Adobe programs for school, a lot of games in the past) 

THINGS I'VE TRIED (made no difference): 
-Checked for driver updates in general, and for battery drivers: Microsoft Surface ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery and Microsoft AC-adaptor 
-Uninstalled drivers listed above and reinstalled.
-Turned off Fast Startup 
-Battery/ Energy troubleshoot
-Tried a different power supply cable (my mom has an acer of which the cable fits my pc) 

That's about it I think... 
Is there much more I can do?
Maybe the battery has had its time? If so, can I replace the battery with a new one in this model? 

Are there any solutions to this??

Sorry for the long post ;)
Thanks for checking!! 
Stay safe! 
Seppe 

Answers

• ____ACHIYA____
    ____ACHIYA____ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Nothing. What happen to your laptop? Still doesn't charging?
  • Seppe
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Nope, still not charging - now my laptop doesn't event detect a battery. - There's a little cross icon inside the battery icon (check screenshot, It's in Dutch, my bad).
    I made a battery report via cmd and the .html result I get says there's no battery installed... I can see the stats and usage of the battery of the previous years... but nothing unusual or suspicious to see here....

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    Seppe said:
    Nope, still not charging - now my laptop doesn't event detect a battery. - There's a little cross icon inside the battery icon (check screenshot, It's in Dutch, my bad).
    I made a battery report via cmd and the .html result I get says there's no battery installed... I can see the stats and usage of the battery of the previous years... but nothing unusual or suspicious to see here....

Please go to device manager and check for battery and adapter drivers. Please uninstall them and restart the device to take effect. Also, try battery reset 
  • Seppe
    Options
    Seppe said:

Please go to device manager and check for battery and adapter drivers. Please uninstall them and restart the device to take effect. Also, try battery reset 
    Hi, 
    Tried the reinstating/ updating the drivers before, didn't work. If I go to driver manager now there are no battery driver because my pc is convinced there is no battery...
    Haven't tried battery reset. Will do that! 
    Thanks