Why can't Acer provide us the information about HDMI version of their laptops?

kidp
kidp Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good day everyone,
Is it really that difficult? For example just announced models with AMD Ryzen processors: Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 or Acer Aspire 5 A515-44. What we can learn from Acer's website that "yes" it has HDMI "wow". But which version 1.4b or 2.0b? You could say that it is obvious with new processors, but it is not! With Intel versions of new Swift 3 we have Thunderbolt 3 but HDMI 1.4b and Thunderbolt 3 solves the problem here, but new AMD Ryzen Swift 3 or Apire 5 versions won't have Thunderbolt 3. It is important if someone would like to connect their new laptop to 4K TV and have HDR and 60hz refreshment rate. That would be possible with HDMI 2.0b which is supported by the new AMD Ryzen processors. Is there anyone who could ask Acer officials and provide us customers information about the version of at least these models that I have mentioned?
Best regards

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I image the marketing folks have a lot to decide when it comes to just how much to put into the specs on the websites. They want to provide enough info for most customers to make a decision, but not so much it gets confusing for those same 'most customers'. I'd guess they have decided that people need to know what cable to buy in order to hook up to a TV or projector but that most won't really care which version and resolution/frequency is supported. Those models are new enough that I don't see them in a SG search, so likely the best possibility for more detailed specs is in the press release.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.