Aspire V5-573G - camera not working

Options
Avishkar
Avishkar Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Good day
I am new to this community and need assistance please. I also searched through this Forum and found no solutions for the problem i am having.
I have an Acer Aspire V5-573G and I am having a problem with the built in webcam. 
When i goto the camera app i get a black screen which flashes with a message "We cant find your Camera"
I am running Windows 10 Enterprise. I can also see the camera in the Device Manager and drivers are up to date.

Please any help will be really apppreciated

Regards
Avishkar

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    What camera app? TrustedWinStoreApp? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Avishkar
    Options
    Hi Jack,
    It is the default camera app that comes with Windows 10 - Thanks
  • JackE
    Options
    Right click on the Windows start icon in the left tray. Search 'camera'. At the top, is the same camera app listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Avishkar
    Options
    I did as you asked and yes, it is the same camera app that is listed.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> I can also see the camera in the Device Manager and drivers are up to date.>>>

Uninstall the driver. Exit DeviceManager without re-installing anything. Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shutdown Windows. Turn machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Avishkar
    Options
    Hello Jack - sorry for the delay. I have tried your recommendations but the problem still persists. I noticed however after removing the device and after restarting it puts it back into the Device Manager. What I also see is that it is calling itself a USB camera - however the camera is built in the laptop. Any ideas?
  • JackE
    Options
    That's normal because it's a part of the laptop's internal USB circuitry. Is there any red or yellow warnings? Right click on the camera to make sure it's running properly. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ