Laptop running hotter than usual (AN515-54-53RN)

Options
RenElite
RenElite Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, so I've been using my Nitro 5 (AN515-54-53RN) for almost 5 months now, and it was good 'til this past week. First off, my laptop started to suffer an erratic trackpad while I am charging which I am assuming due to my faulty charger which is I don't know the reason how it became faulty. Then, I noticed that Tekken 7, which has low consumption of the CPU, started to run much hotter than when this laptop is just 2 months old which is around 60-72C, now it hits 80 or sometimes 90C, not only that, but PCSX2 had also started showing an increase in temp in CPU as well. Keep in note that I am already running them with -134.8 undervolt in Throttlestop. Then, I noticed that two of the eight threads is running much hotter in gaming in throttlestop, usually peaking at 93-94C while the others would remain at low 70s. Does the faulty charger contribute to the overheating problem of my laptop or is the laptop needing a repaste?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    Options
    @RenElite repaste is permanent solution in your case.by yourself you can only do if there is no seal or sticker on the top of screw 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • RenElite
    Options
    @RenElite repaste is permanent solution in your case.by yourself you can only do if there is no seal or sticker on the top of screw 
    So my faulty charger does not contribute to the heating issue? What about the threads that heat up to 90C, is there any problems to it as well? Since the other threads is lower than 20C than those two.
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @RenElite if you know your charger is faulty then buy original, faulty charger also causes problems like laptop shutdown while working ,damage battery etc.

When temperature goes 90+c then Clock speed decreases and you may experience low performance and lag in games.

1st buy original charger then check if temperature remains same or not.if it is same then repaste can solve your problem.

Click yes if i answered your question 

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The charger has nothing to do with your temperature issues, even when plugged into power your model uses the battery not the power directly, your charger just keeps the battery topped up. Do what @GAMING6698 says and repaste with Grizzly Kryonaut but only if you don’t have h warranty void if removed sticker on the underside. Also please explain how you know your charger is faulty

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• GAMING6698
    Options
    @RenElite there are couple of good YouTube video on acer nitro 5 repasting.

• RenElite
    Options
    andylb said:
    The charger has nothing to do with your temperature issues, even when plugged into power your model uses the battery not the power directly, your charger just keeps the battery topped up. Do what @GAMING6698 says and repaste with Grizzly Kryonaut but only if you don’t have h warranty void if removed sticker on the underside. Also please explain how you know your charger is faulty
    Well, I discovered that my charger is faulty via the trackpad of the laptop. The trackpad is very erratic sometimes unless I turned it on and off using the keyboard which removes the erratic movement.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @RenElite does touch pad response badly while charging?

• RenElite
    Options
    Sometimes the response is good, sometimes its bad, like the trackpad slows down for some reason. This happens only during charging so yeah, I think the charger is faulty.
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @RenElite then you need to visit acer service centre after country free from corona virus .They can only repair this

Click yes if problem solved 

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    RenElite said:
    Sometimes the response is good, sometimes its bad, like the trackpad slows down for some reason. This happens only during charging so yeah, I think the charger is faulty.

Thinking it's faulty and knowing it's faulty are two separate things and can lead to making false assumptions. Take it to a PC repair store and get it tested

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★