Aspire E 15 (E5-576G-5762) unresponsive after screen-off... ONLY when plugged in.

Celeborne
Celeborne Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
As the name describes, having issues with this laptop anytime it turns the screen off. It is unresponsive after a period that prompts power saving features to kick in. It also goes unresponsive when plugged in and the lid is closed. Bios has been updated to the latest version, as well as all drivers, windows, etc.

This issue started after a windows update rendered the keyboard unusable, which prompted me to update the BIOS to the newest version. Unfortunately, updating the BIOS fixed the keyboard issue, but now this has been a constant headache. It doesn't occur when the laptop is running on battery power, oddly.

Fast Boot has been disabled in BIOS settings.

Current power saving settings are as follows:

As you can see, the computer has been set up NOT to sleep while plugged in. Not really sure what to do at this point, because nothing I've tried as worked. I've looked up every fix in the book, both from a Windows 10 perspective as well as an Acer laptop perspective.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• As you updated the bios, try entering the bios and pressing f9 to restore it and then f10 to save on exit. Then, try resetting the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)