Intel AC7260 wireless disconnecting

johans
johans Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire V3-572 laptop with the Intel AC7260 wireless adapter and have been having problems with the wireless constantly disconnecting for no reason. I've read all the problems with this card and, as the AC7260 is no longer supported by Intel, I have decided to upgrade the adapter to a more recent and supported version. My question is, can I upgrade to the Intel 8260 or 9260 (or some other compatible adapter) or does this laptop not allow for it? As my laptop is no longer under warranty I can't ask Acer directly so I'm reaching out to the community. Laptop specs are below, thanks in advance for any help.  
Aspire V3-572P-326T
Intel i3-5005U (2.0 Ghz)
6 GB DDR3 Ram
Intel HD5500 graphics

Answers

• Have you checked if the problem continues to update the driver on the intel website?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • johans
    johans Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have updated to the latest driver, can't get rid of the problem. At this point I would like to upgrade, just not sure if my laptop is capable of the upgrade.
  • Have you checked if your wireless network card is configured for high performance in power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)