My Acer Aspire V3-571 laptop keeps shutting down for no reason???

Options
TestietFoot
TestietFoot Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire V3-571 laptop that shuts down whenever i try to play a game or whenever i watch a video on youtube (for example i can start a video and about 5 minutes into the video,it shuts down.) Also the laptop does NOT shut down like it runs out of battery, it just straight up goes to a black screen and turns off,even if its on charger or on battery life. I don't know what to do,please help.
I have windows 10 by the way.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the temperatures?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Get "RealTemp_370" that monitors the CPU/GPU temps first and see if your temps are high, like in the 90c+ range, as that does shut the laptop down! I had that problem with my V3-571G also and I replaced the fan (as that could be on the way out also) and repasted and cleaned the fans and made some bottom case mods (like drilled an extra hole into the case and made the existing hole bigger like 2 inches, see pics below) and got a good laptop tablet cooler and the temps have gone down to between 56c to 85c max that is, even with hard core gaming. try that as the V3-571G does overheat and the only solution is to modify the case as its OEM case venting is hopeless. Good luck.

• TestietFoot
    Options
    I have checked the temperature of the laptop while watching a video or playing a game and it gets to about 75 C max, so i dont think its the temperature. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In addition to the tip colleague @StevenGen, it is very likely that the thermal paste is already dry. I suggest that you change the thermal paste.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TestietFoot
    Options
    I sent the laptop to a service a couple weeks ago (about 3) and they said they switched the paste. So i don't think its that either.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try turning off the notebook, disconnecting the battery and pressing the power for 60 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TestietFoot
    edited March 2020
    Options
    while its plugged or unplugged? and after i hold it down should something happen or do i just put the battery back in and turn it on?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    Options
    Could be your CPU fan is stopping and turning on irregularly and constituting that pre black screen and then a turn off, check that, that happened to me on another laptop, I changed the fan and all worked 100%.
  • TestietFoot
    Options
    OK Ill try that. Ill try to get a new one fixed.