Black Screen on boot, no BIOS after failed Windows 10 reinstall on Acer Aspire A715-72G

NoMatthew
NoMatthew Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello!
The problem with my laptop was that it was always overheating, even just when I bought it. But it started to get even worse recently, so I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 to see if the problem would resolve. Sadly, even though the installation process completed, I got Blue Screen of Death. The next time around it booted again into USB stick and said the drive 0 was at 0MB. So I couldn't reinstall it once again. When it turned off, it tried to do some repairs, but ended up on black screen. I cannot access BIOS, the Acer logo doesn't even pop up. 
- pressing F2 repeatedly does nothing
- restarting internal battery through the hole at the back does nothing
- connecting to external monitor does nothing
Is there anything I can do?
Thank you so much for help,
Matthew

Answers

• Have you tried to disconnect the ssd and hd and ram memory?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NoMatthew
    Have you tried to disconnect the ssd and hd and ram memory?
    No, I haven't and I don't really want to, because of warranty. Is there anything else I can try?
  • What happens when you press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NoMatthew
    What happens when you press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    I don't see the Acer logo at all, but pressing alt+F10 does nothing at boot.
  • Do the battery and power LEDs light or flash? I believe you will need hdd, ssd and ram as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NoMatthew
    They do flash, yes. The screen turns on, it's just black. The keyboard light's up, and I hear the fans spinning.
  • Is the 0 drive that stayed at 0mb an ssd or an hdd? When this occurs, it is probably a failure on these devices. Why I recommend that you disconnect the ssd and hdd.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NoMatthew
    On the SSD I tried to install Windows 10 on.
  • I suggest you remove the ssd and try to install windows on the hdd.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer