No Bootable Device" - Acer Nitro 5

Malek998
Malek998 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I bought an Acer Nitro 5 brand new from Malaysia.                                                                 It began freezing many time when I watch YouTube Or just search something in google and make sound like buzzer and I was resting every time I didn’t know what really happened , but I thought it’s from windows and I reset factory windows and removes everything but laptop still freezing without it sounds but it’s freezing!!

A couple of days ago, after freezing, it refused to boot. It comes up with the error "No Bootable Device" and sometime when I shout down and turn on again it works normally but I get so bored of that and i need help please 

Best Answer

Answers

• lyndon_lee
    lyndon_lee Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Same here dude, at first, my hdd making a weird sound and the windows wouldn't function. Then I tried to force shutdown cause i didnt have anymore choice. Upon rebooting, it says "no bootable device".
  • Malek998
    Same here dude, at first, my hdd making a weird sound and the windows wouldn't function. Then I tried to force shutdown cause i didnt have anymore choice. Upon rebooting, it says "no bootable device".
    Did you know how to fix it or still? 
  • lyndon_lee
    lyndon_lee Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I left it shutdown for 24 hours and it just works fine for 3 days. And 2 days ago, the weird sound started again and left the unit unfunctioning. If my unit works fine again, I plan to reset it and hope it will turn the unit back to normal.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,572 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Which Acer Nitro 5 have you got e.g. AN515-XX? As your Acer Nitro 5 is under warranty and brand new, i would take it back to your Acer Service centre and let them solve your problem. For those that the warranty has passed try to check or do the following:
    1. Try to Reset your battery (see caption below) 
    2. The M.2 Boot SSD - firstly it shouldn't be make a noise at all, try to unplug the M.2 and replug it, making sure that its pugged in correctly and screwed down correctly, also, have you got a spinner SATA HDD in your Nitro 5? As that could be making that noise aslo and interfering with the boot drive.
    3. Check RAM - unplug memory stick and refit it, make sure its seated properly or its not faulty.
    4. Check if the laptop is not overheating, check your "Coolboost" settings if its setup correctly and your fans are not on the minimum? Also check your temps with RealTemp_370 (download from  here: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-real-temp//) and see if your temperatures are not 95c+, as that will shut the laptop down.
    5. "Reset" windows by doing this, go to windows icon (left bottom of taskbar) click and choose > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC and go through te steps to reset windows. 
    6. if that doesn't work then, backup your valuable data and files off your boot drive and reinstall windows with a clean install, 
    7. if all the above don't solve this problem then, you must have a faulty M.2 SSD boot drive which has some problems, replace M.2 drive. 

B
    attery reset hole Acer Nitro 5 

The Acer "Coolboost" application is designed to improve system cooling by increasing the fan speed during heavy use. This application is disabled by default. Use the following steps to enable Coolboost using the Acer Quick Access program.

1. Press the Windows (Image icon_Windows8_keypng) key + Q to access the search charm.
    2. Type Quick Access and press Enter.
    3. Select Acer Quick Access from the returned results.
    4. Move the Coolboost toggle selector to the right to turn Coolboost on.

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,503 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    @Malek998
    Reset you window see if reset successfully done or saying there is problem to reset 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Malek998
    @Malek998
    Reset you window see if reset successfully done or saying there is problem to reset 
    The problem I’m trying to do reset factory with Alt and F10 it’s not working 
  • Malek998
    After long ways of trying I installed windows using usb drive and I removed my second hard disk because I need my files after I installed everything was fine and working well but after I put hard disk again the same thing happened No botable device so I removed hard disk the laptop worked normal 
    I left it shutdown for 24 hours and it just works fine for 3 days. And 2 days ago, the weird sound started again and left the unit unfunctioning. If my unit works fine again, I plan to reset it and hope it will turn the unit back to normalyndon_lee said:
This discussion has been closed.