Cracked display

Options
erfhuq
erfhuq Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
I have made a small crack on the display of my Acer R240HY bidx 23.8" monitor. Please see the attached images. In the first image, I put a green square around the crack to make it visible. The second image shows what I am seeing after turning on the monitor. Is it possible to repair this? If so, then can anyone give me a ballpark cost?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Boy, I don't think I'm going to be giving you good news... That is going to take a screen replacement to fix, and the screen is liable to be a substantial portion of the original cost of the monitor, if not more. Maybe look for a replacement monitor on the used market? There are bound to be people upgrading to larger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Boy, I don't think I'm going to be giving you good news... That is going to take a screen replacement to fix, and the screen is liable to be a substantial portion of the original cost of the monitor, if not more. Maybe look for a replacement monitor on the used market? There are bound to be people upgrading to larger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.