Trying to connect a renkforce usb-numberpad to concept D7 - Belgian azerty version

katrienn
katrienn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I bought a numberpad, which is supposedly plug and play, as an addition to my laptops keyboard. The numbers on the laptop's keyboard can only be accessed by holding down the shift key, which is, as you all know, not very practical when working in a spreadsheet for example.

But now my new numberpad also only produces numbers when I hold down the shift key! How can I get it to work properly?

It is the white USB-Numberblock, made by Conrad. It does not come with any downloadable driver or software, and is not recognised by my laptop as a numberpad, it just says "samengesteld usb-apparaat"

thank you to whomever can help me!
Katrien

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Does the numlock key do nothing?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • katrienn
    katrienn Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2020
    Unfortunately no. activating numlock locks the keys "uiopjklm,:="  after which they produce "456*123-0.+"
    If the numlock would lock the toprow numbers on my keyboard that would be helpful too, but it doesn't.
  • billsey
    Darn, I was hoping the numberpad would be recognized well enough by the laptop to transfer that function. :( Let's see if anyone else has ideas...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • katrieninbelgium
    katrieninbelgium Member Posts: 1 New User
    microsoft keyboard layout creator was the solution. 
    I added a second keyboard layout that I can switch to when I plugin the numperpad, and switched the row of numbers from top to bottom of their key. works fine now!
  • billsey
    Thanks for the report. I thought there might be a software solution, but didn't know which app would do the job. :)