Predator X27 cannot install driver.

Gmooh
Gmooh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Recently the screen has fuzzy text on everything and the fan runs constantly at full speed when before I would hardly ever hear the fan, and while in games I'm getting intermittent screen flickering. The fuzzy text is making it hard concentrate as I can't stay focused. I don't know, maybe I'm going blind but got to looking around and noticed I can't do any better refresh rate than 120 and my monitor driver is generic from 2006. I tried uninstalling and restarting but it put the same driver back in.

I downloaded the Acer driver but there is no setup.exe or install.exe. The zip file only has acer x27.cat, Acer X27.icm, and Acer X27.inf with no instruction.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Extract the files to a folder, right click the .inf file and choose Install from the context menu.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    @Gmooh
    Check the link below , you may find some answers for it
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/571652/x27-driver-or-not

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Extract the files to a folder, right click the .inf file and choose Install from the context menu.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gmooh
    Gmooh Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:

That did it! Got it all back. They really need to fix those instructions!
  • billsey
    Heheh, you're supposed to have learned all that by osmosis, just filtering in from the ether automagically. :)