X27 driver or not

Phoenix19
Phoenix19 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi ..i've just installed my new x27 monitor. W10 recognized it As plug and Play. On acer site there is a specific driver for x27. Should i install it? Or not.

Answers

• is a driver related to the icc color profile of the monitor! It does not have a setup. You must use the device manager to install the .inf file!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Misterer
    Misterer Member Posts: 3 New User
    Could someone please explain the purpose for this driver? Why does it exist (you don't need specific drivers to use ICC profiles)? Why does that ICC profile exist if the monitor is already factory-calibrated? Am I losing anything by NOT installing it?
  • @Misterer About the icc driver, I suggest you read this topic: https://pcmonitors.info/articles/using-icc-profiles-in-windows/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Misterer
    egydiocoelho How does that article address my questions? You don't need a driver to use an ICC profile. So what's the driver for then? What does it do differently compared to the standard Windows PnP driver?
  • I believe that the driver will be able to provide an adjustment in resolutions and color profiles. However, I found this answer on the Acer website in Portuguese, which says that if the monitor is plug and play, it is not necessary to install the driver, see: https://br.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41883/~/preciso-instalar-um-driver-para-meu-monitor%3F

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• This is only necessary on plug and play monitors, if you have color problems or have a problem with resolution.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Misterer
    Ok, thank you for your help.