[URGENT] Black background and task bar flickering after update

Pradeep42
Pradeep42 Member Posts: 104 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, after updating to KB4541335, the background is black and the task bar is flickering, can't open task manager and booting into safe mode doesn't help either. Please help. I'm on windows 1909
User of an AN515-52.

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Pradeep42 said:
    turn on you laptop and keep pressing F8 till you reach in advance startup then go select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. Once restarted, you'll see a list of options. Select F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode
    Same thing happens in safe mode so can't do anything
    This is happen because of fail in window update as i know after every window update restore point created so,
    turn on you laptop and keep pressing F8 till you reach in advance startup then go select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >then click on system restore 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698
    Pradeep42 said:
    Hi, after updating to KB4541335, the background is black and the task bar is flickering, can't open task manager and booting into safe mode doesn't help either. Please help. I'm on windows 1909
    Is this is optional update?

• Pradeep42
    Pradeep42 said:
    Yes it is but same problem was also happening with KB4551762 which was NOT an optional update
    User of an AN515-52.
  • GAMING6698
    Pradeep42 said:
    Pradeep42 said:
    Yes it is but same problem was also happening with KB4551762 which was NOT an optional update
    Go in safe mode then Try to create a new local user account then restart to see if your issue solve 

• Pradeep42
    Pradeep42 said:
    Pradeep42 said:
    Go in safe mode then Try to create a new local user account then restart to see if your issue solve 
    How can I create local account? I can't access anything
    User of an AN515-52.
  • GAMING6698
    Pradeep42 said:
    Pradeep42 said:
    Pradeep42 said:
    How can I create local account? I can't access anything
    You are not able to go in safe mode?

• GAMING6698
    turn on you laptop and keep pressing F8 till you reach in advance startup then go select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. Once restarted, you'll see a list of options. Select F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode

• Pradeep42
    User of an AN515-52.
  • GAMING6698
    Answer ✓
    Pradeep42 said:
    This is happen because of fail in window update as i know after every window update restore point created so,
    turn on you laptop and keep pressing F8 till you reach in advance startup then go select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >then click on system restore 

• Pradeep42
    Pradeep42 said:
    Yes! That worked. But why does it happen after this update only?
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Pradeep42
    edited March 2020
    Message deleted
    User of an AN515-52.
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Pradeep42 said:
    Pradeep42 said:
    Yes! That worked. But why does it happen after this update only?
    click on yes your issue is solved 
    I recommend you do not update your window now for some days.
    After a week download 

Windows 10 Update Assistant

From official Microsoft site .It will automatically update your window to latest version.
    At this time there might be bugs in new update.

Happy to help