Acer aspire ES 15 boot up issues

Skythe
Skythe Member Posts: 7 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My acer computer had been working fine for about 2 months. But then yesterday,the computer suddenly shut down...no warning or anything. I haven't been able to turn on the computer ever since. Although when I press the space bar sometimes a light indicator turns blue(the screen is still dark during this time)...though for a short period of time. When the blue light turns off I hear a sort of clicking sound. I left the computer without charging for a half an hour and then when I flipped the monitor on I saw the acer logo for ten seconds after which it turned off again. What do I do?

Answers

• Skythe
    I'm sry it's actually acer es1 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Skythe !

Which EXACT model of your laptop?
    Have you checked if the HDD is recognized at Bios?
    Did you try to reinstall the OEM system at the factory or reset the battery?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Skythe
    1. The model is ES1-553-P21L
    2. I cannot check if the HDD is recognised at BIOS as the computer shuts down after a few seconds and during the time that it boots up the screen is blank
    3. How do I reinstall the OEM system at the factory?
    4. Yes, I tried resetting the battery. I saw the acer logo for a few seconds after pressing the space bar then, again, shut down. This happened again when I pressed the space bar. It has not happened since.
    Update: The indicator with the light bulb turns blue for a few seconds whenever I press any key (not just the spacebar). When the indicator turns blue I can hear the laptop turning on and the fan and stuff. But, when it turns off I hear a clicking noise.
    Also, the indicator remains blue for a longer period of time if I repeatedly press any key. 
  • MaClane
    If you keep any other key pressed during the period and the device turns on, does it remain on while the tecals are being pressed?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Skythe
    Yes the device generally remains on when a key is being repeatedly pressed although sometimes it turns of even when the keys are being repeatedly pressed
  • Skythe
    I saw the acer logo for a few seconds again today after repeatedly pressing the key for a while. It seems random. Also,the computer only turns on after I press a key three times or more if I'm pressing the keys are pressed faster. The computer also turns off if I don't keep pressing keys at a steady pace.
  • MaClane
    The characteristics refer to a micro-short on the keyboard tracks.
    I recommend that you try to reset the battery to remove static power.
    If it does not resolve, it will be necessary to replace the keyboard.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Skythe
    I did try to reset the battery to remove static power though it didn't work. I guess I have to replace the keyboard huh?
  • MaClane
    If you are not under warranty, you can try checking the keyboard cable tracks and connections internally first.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™