How can I add an Acer KN242HYL monitor to an existing Win-10 "laptop + external monitor" system?

WaltM
WaltM Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
The idea here is to get a triple monitor/display system going. The existing monitor (actually a TV), laptop, and KN242HYL each have an HDMI and a VGA port. Problem is I can get only two displays active at once. In fact, the KN242HYL flips between a desktop display (good) and going blank (bad) as I unplug and re-plug the existing monitor. I'd appreciate anyone's advice.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    So you are connecting one monitor to the HDMI port on the laptop and the other monitor to the VGA port?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WaltM
    WaltM Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, one monitor to the HDMI port on the laptop and the other monitor to the VGA port.
    Any help getting all three screens to provide separate displays would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    WaltM
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    What laptop is it? Some have two output ports but only support using one at a time. A fallback might be to put a USB 3.x docking station on and drive the third monitor from there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.