Acer 14 Mouse wheel causing screen to jump

Options
Stkeyna
Stkeyna Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have a Acer 14 Chromebook and I have just bought a new Tecknet mouse. Unfortunately, when using the wheel to scroll, the pictures jumps. I have tried a few things like using the reverse scroll mode, moving the usb connector, rebooting but nothing improves the situation. Any thoughts are most welcome. Do certain mice not work on Chromebooks?? Thanks

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Then I'd return it to the vendor and try another brand. Logitech USB M325-C, M350 or M510 would probably be a lot better. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Stkeyna
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the response. The model nos is 
    Model:EWM01107GA01
  • JackE
    Options
    Check your mouse scroll wheel settings. They should be from between 1-5 lines. See suggestions at this link https://superuser.com/questions/1263996/jumpy-scrolling-with-mouse-wheel

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Stkeyna
    Options
    Thanks again but where do I go on a Chromebook to change scroll wheel settings? I have searched under mouse settings but nothing there for a scroll wheel. Apologies if I am missing something!
  • JackE
    Options
    How about scroll speed (vs wheel ) setting? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Stkeyna
    Options
    I have tried changing the scroll speed but it made no difference. Perhaps this mouse just isn't meant for a Chromebook but then surely it should say.
  • JackE
    Options
    Does the scroll speed work normally from the touchpad? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Stkeyna
    Options
    The scroll speed works normally and I can vary the speed under the heading touchpad speed. it then has an option for scroll which is traditional which it is set to .....or  there's an Australian option? But yes the touchpad works fine when I scroll - never had a problem there. Thanks for help so far. I am up early tomorrow so off to bed now. It is strange that I can find very few other Chromebook owners on line with this problem!
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Perhaps this mouse just isn't meant for a Chromebook but then surely it should say. >>>

Or more likely a faulty mouse wheel mechanism. if it were mine, I'd return it to the vendor as defective for an exchange, another brand or a refund. Or if you have access to Windows machine, you might test it in that system. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Stkeyna
    Options
    I did try it on a normal windows laptop and it seemed fine!!??
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Then I'd return it to the vendor and try another brand. Logitech USB M325-C, M350 or M510 would probably be a lot better. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Stkeyna
    Options
    That's what I had planned. I am going back to Logitech. You have been extremely helpful. Much appreciated!