Acer Aspire E5-571G Fan Runs Full-Speed and Nonstop

Options
atatata
atatata Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I am using my Acer Aspire E5-571G for 4 years. I am having this problem: fan runs at fastest, immediately on boot and not stops.  I tried these:
- Clearing fans and laptop
- Reinstalling OS with Drivers
- Updating BIOS

Having this problem for around 4 days and CPU temperature is around 50-55. Should I renew thermal paste? Should I renew fan? Should I install something?

What should I do?

Thanks.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you turn off the notebook, disconnect the power adapter, disconnect the battery and press the power button for 60 seconds?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello,

Nothing happened. When I boot again after trying this, nothing changed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Try replacing the thermal paste.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    But I don't see high temperature on CPU, is 50 high?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is not a high temperature for this model. Have you ever tried to just disconnect and reconnect the fans?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, could be problem about motherboard or connections of fan? Or should I try renewing thermal paste anyway?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    As you have had the laptop for four years, I would take the opportunity to change the thermal paste as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    Okay I will try and reply again, should I prefer one decided thermal paste or can I use just random one?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! I understood! See the thermal paste that the author of this video used:
    I don't have much experience with the GD900 thermal compound. In addition, just apply a small amount of thermal paste, the size of a pea, as the heat sink itself will spread the thermal paste

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you, I will try and reply as soon as possible.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Use Grizzly Kryonaut paste

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't think I can find both of those in my country, how about Cooler Master HTK-002-U1-GP?
  • atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello again,

I applied thermal paste and now heat is 5-10 degree lowered. But I am having these problems after applying thermal paste:
    - I can't power on my laptop, I only can after moving it and shaking,
    - Fan problem continues, but this time I can feel hot heat when I put my hand to fan canal,
    - It shuts down sometimes after I power on my laptop.

I ordered new fan, I will try to replace fan but I don't know how to fix other problems which just started.

Thanks.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Try turning off the notebook, disconnecting the battery and pressing the power for 60 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    Nothing happened, what should this do?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did this problem occur after any windows update?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    No it happened suddenly
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You said the problem occurred four days ago. What happens when you restore windows to the 25th ??

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• atatata

Tinkerer

Options
    I don't know because I reseted to make sure it is not about OS
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You said the problem occurred four days ago. I suppose that some windows update caused the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer