Helios 300 PH315-52 (2019) laptop blank screen, external monitor works

Options
Kanokare
Kanokare Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Predator Laptops

I recently purchased this laptop a few months ago and while watching a Twitch stream I got a blank screen like it was on with the backlight just not displaying anything. I had to hard reboot my laptop because I couldn't see anything. On bootup, now all I have is a blank screen as if it's not on at all.

I connected an external and the external shows fine. The laptop doesn't detect the laptop monitor as an option at all in Display Settings. Plays games fine and all on the external. I can't access BIOS as on bootup it only displays on the blank laptop screen and not external, if BIOS checking is suggested.

It's the PH315-52-78VL with an i7 9750H, 16 gb ram, 1660 TI.

I've put in a ticket but with the virus going around I believe the ticket has been suspended. Anyone have suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Hellhound
    Hellhound Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don’t know if this is old post. But had this happen to me and it ended up being the damn Intel display drivers. They did a update and for some reason blacked out my laptop monitor. Had to hookup to hdmi. So quick fix for this try to go to device manager and go to your display adapters find your Intel adapter and click on it, then simply roll back driver. Hopefully that will fix your issue and you laptop display will come back on. Hope this works for you.

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    Kanokare i suggst you to try a battery power drain disconnect from AC press/hold the power for 30s+ leave it to rest for a couple of hours then try to boot into bios and reset setup to defaults if not try with the external display to reset the bios to defaults also check your device manager try either to upgrade or downgrade the intel drivers and if the issue persists i suggest you to contact acer support as this might well be a hardware issue wither the display itself faulty or even a cable or worst case the mobo itself

Good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Kanokare

Tinkerer

Options
    xapim said:
    Kanokare i suggst you to try a battery power drain disconnect from AC press/hold the power for 30s+ leave it to rest for a couple of hours then try to boot into bios and reset setup to defaults if not try with the external display to reset the bios to defaults also check your device manager try either to upgrade or downgrade the intel drivers and if the issue persists i suggest you to contact acer support as this might well be a hardware issue wither the display itself faulty or even a cable or worst case the mobo itself

Good luck :)
    Thanks.. I tried all this and more last night and today and still the same :/
  • Azzi89
    Azzi89 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi, has the Same issue. Turned off last night and today only external monitor works. Any solution?

• Hellhound
    Hellhound Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don’t know if this is old post. But had this happen to me and it ended up being the ***** Intel display drivers. They did a update and for some reason blacked out my laptop monitor. Had to hookup to hdmi. So quick fix for this try to go to device manager and go to your display adapters find your Intel adapter and click on it, then simply roll back driver. Hopefully that will fix your issue and you laptop display will come back on. Hope this works for you.

• William_mk2
    Options

@Hellhound

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.. 

Try windows x

click on power shell admin or command prompt admin 

type rstrui

chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fine  

click on next, finish, yes

It will restore your computer to an earlier date 

if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close 

It will show you all the icons..

Try and check whether it is working now ..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@Hellhound

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand display adapter

right click on display driver - uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 

Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 

Don’t restart the computer. 

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers 

Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Kanokare

Tinkerer

Options

Yeah this was my post regarding my laptop from some years ago. I ended up sending it in for repairs and has worked since then. Don't know what the issue was unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.