TC-605 Hardware Manual

Options
Leirda
Leirda Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

Hi!

Would just like to get some help here. Just got an Acer TC-605 desktop PC that belongs to my brother since he no longer uses it. I know it's kinda old but I'm interested to know if I can still use it and if it's still worth it to throw some bucks in it and maybe upgrade it.

Few questions:

First, can someone provide me a hardware manual/user guide of it or like it's complete specifications? Tried to search it on the support site unfortunately, page isn't loading.

Second, how much RAM does it have? Is it upgradable if in case?

Third, any budget friendly monitors that you guys can suggest? My brother only uses it before for his work but I just got the desktop itself.

Lastly, can someone provide me a link or something that I can use to upgrade its OS to Windows 10? Just found out that it's still stuck at Windows 8.

Will appreciate all help that you guys will be giving.

Thanks and stay safe y'all!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    The User Manual should be online on the Acer support site. Go there and enter the model number and under Documents there should be both the original one and the one for machines that were upgraded to W10. Here's a clip from system specs:
    So it likely came with 2GB or 4GB of memory and supports up to 16GB. It's got a 4th gen processor and likely could be upgraded to the 4th gen i7 even though they didn't ship one with an i7. You could stick a GPU card in, but the rest of the system is going to be slow enough that you're not going to want to try too much gaming. You can also look at swapping out the HDD for a SSD, that would make a huge improvement in performance.
    I'd look at www.acerrecertified.com and see if they have any 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 monitors at a decent price. I've never had any issues with their refurbs, YMMV.
    If you use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool from  their site and ask it to do the upgrade it still works, as of a couple of weeks ago anyway. That still allows the free upgrade even though it's not officially supported any longer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • konmanos
    konmanos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the specs as noted above, the i5-4460 - LGA1150, and was wondering if an i7 (LGA1150) would be suitable? has anyone updated the CPU
  • konmanos
    konmanos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Additionally, I am running windows 10 Home edition - runs well, and I have updated the HDD to SSD and the boot time, has increased significantly. Not used for gaming. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    In addition to the socket type you also have to look at the chipset and power. Since your current processor is a 4th generation Intel we know your chipset is also 4th gen. You can use any of the 4th gen CPUs (Haswell) that use the LGA1150 socket and don't exceed the power budget Note in the specs they show processors that are either 54W or 84W, so you want to make sure the one you choose is no more than 84W as well. That SSD upgrade you did is going to be by far the best bang for your buck...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.