Update drivers? windows xp? aspireOne

AlDR
AlDR Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi.  i have inherited an old aspireOne with windowsXP.  Is there any way to modernize it so that my son can do his school computer assignments during this time?  The school video would not run at all.  I could not find any acer drivers support?  Is it possible to just remove xp and add windows 7 so as to get the free windows 10 upgrade that is said to be still available even though it is not supposed to be? without updating drivers?  If I cannot update the computer, what the heck do I do with it?  I have been fighting with it for hours...

Comments

• Rade97
    Rade97 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hai @AIDR
    In first place check the operating system compatibility of your computer in acer support website(https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support) by giving your computer SNID numbed. If the computer seems to be compatible with the windows 10 means just install the operating by getting an installation disc. You can also check for the drivers of the computer in the same website itself.
    Click like if the comment seems to be useful..... 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Which model of Aspire One do you have? I was under the impression that most came with Windows 7. In any case, if yours have the Atom processor it can likely be upgraded to W7, but not W10. The later versions of W10 do not support the earlier Atoms.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.