Laptop not charging, completely dead and cannot remove battery.

Options
ZachG1104
ZachG1104 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought a laptop around Christmas of 2018 and it worked fine for a while until the case broke and we sent it in and got it fixed but a couple weeks after we got it back the computer stopped charging. Before it died and I was unable to get it to turn back on I deleted the driver and restarted the computer and that worked but it stopped working again shortly after. It then died and I was unable to fix it again. It has been sitting in my room for a while and I decided to try fixing it again because I want to play some games but couldn’t find a solution. I tried the battery reset on the back and other solutions I could find but nothing worked.
Aspire A515-51G-515J
S/N: NXGTCAA016XXXXXX

Edited the thread to hide sensitive content
Acer-Samuel 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>> I was unable to get it to turn back on I deleted the driver >>>

How did you delete the battery and charger driver if you were unable to get it to turn back on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZachG1104
    ZachG1104 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>> I was unable to get it to turn back on I deleted the driver >>>

How did you delete the battery and charger driver if you were unable to get it to turn back on? Jack E/NJ
    Sorry if the way I worded it confused you, Before the computer died I was able to fix it by deleting the drivers but shortly after it stopped working again and I was unable to fix it before it died
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options
    OK. The battery very likely needs to be replaced.  First remove the HDD and RAM doors,. Then remove 17 screws from the bottom cover and pry it off starting from the left side and working your way around the bottom to the other side of the cover. Then remove the battery connector adhesive tape and remove the connector. Then remove two screws holding the battery inside. New batteries are less than $40USD. https://www.battdepot.com/us/model/notebook+battery/acer/aspire+a515-51g/lac231.aspx

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ