Games lagging as hell

Options
K222
K222 Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Its been more than 5 months I've bought acer nitro 5 an515-43 .. 8gb ram no ssd version laptop... I recently downloaded call of duty warzone and it was lagging as hell, literally...and i can't even enter in a match if i tried then it will froze for some time then it'll crash.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,370 Pathfinder
    Options
    K222 said:
    Its been more than 5 months I've bought acer nitro 5 an515-43 .. 8gb ram no ssd version laptop... I recently downloaded call of duty warzone and it was lagging as hell, literally...and i can't even enter in a match if i tried then it will froze for some time then it'll crash.
    Did you latest amd radeon software 20.2.2.
    If not then download install and launch you game from there 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @K222 Follow my walkthrough below

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. Click the link below to download the 2020 Control Center and the latest drivers for the RX560x will be automatically installed
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-2-2

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center and are gaming on their Dedicated Vega 8 GPU which gives poor performance and is not designed for gaming. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• TanmayGangwar
    TanmayGangwar Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @K222 I have the same problem the default setting for COD MW for rx560x is a mix of normal and high but I hate to tell you that warzone is recently launched and is not fairly optimized. Activision is a such a rich company but fails to provide optimization for cod MW and especially for pc player
    Players have also reported that sudden changes in frame rate cause this or overclocking your GPU so check those if you do any of those.
    Here are some steps that might help you:- 

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE STEPS

• Update you drivers including your GPU drivers, a detailed guide is provided to you by @andylb follow it it's important
    • to open your system settings and find the setting Gaming open it you will see an option Record game clips and screenshot, etc turn that off next click on Graphics setting on top-right corner (See image)
    • when you open graphics settings click on "Browse" locate your COD MW directory (where the game is installed) and add both the launcher and the game to the list.
    • when both the things are added click on the icons a new menu will reveal with options like "Options" and "Remove"
    Click on "options" and set the graphic preference to high performance and save it. Also, make sure your game mode is on.
    • Now open your battle.net select COD MW select "options" and Run repair and scan for COD MW
    •if you use discord while playing COD MW I suggest you to go to setting under appearance tab disable hardware acceleration as it will stop discord to use your GPU giving you more juice for the game
    • Run the game as administrator if you can (assuming you are an administrator )
    •Open you CODMW in safe mode if you can or just open it and lower your settings to the minimum don't stress your GPU or Cpu as some users found this as their problem
    •Use custom frame limiter option in the game menu at set it near your monitor refresh rate (60-69 assuming you have a refresh rate of 60hz which nitro 5 laptop have)
    • Disable Cache sun shadow and cache spot shadows this will save you VRAM
    Run repair and scan for COD MW tweak with game settings until it works and hopefully wait for Activision for patch  for optimizing the game

Namaste,
    LIFE IS SHORT MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT 
    Always ready to help...
    IF i helped please click yes
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @K222 I have the same problem the default setting for COD MW for rx560x is a mix of normal and high but I hate to tell you that warzone is recently launched and is not fairly optimized. Activision is a such a rich company but fails to provide optimization for cod MW and especially for pc player
    Players have also reported that sudden changes in frame rate cause this or overclocking your GPU so check those if you do any of those.

• Update you drivers including your GPU drivers, a detailed guide is provided to you by @andylb follow it it's important
    • to open your system settings and find the setting Gaming open it you will see an option Record game clips and screenshot, etc turn that off next click on Graphics setting on top-right corner (See image)
    • when you open graphics settings click on "Browse" locate your COD MW directory (where the game is installed) and add both the launcher and the game to the list.
    • when both the things are added click on the icons a new menu will reveal with options like "Options" and "Remove"
    Click on "options" and set the graphic preference to high performance and save it. Also, make sure your game mode is on.
    • Now open your battle.net select COD MW select "options" and Run repair and scan for COD MW
    •if you use discord while playing COD MW I suggest you to go to setting under appearance tab disable hardware acceleration as it will stop discord to use your GPU giving you more juice for the game
    •Open you CODMW in safe mode if you can or just open it and lower your settings to the minimum don't stress your GPU or Cpu as some users found this as their problem
    •Use custom frame limiter option in the game menu at set it near your monitor refresh rate (60-69 assuming you have a refresh rate of 60hz which nitro 5 laptop have)
    Run repair and scan for COD MW tweak with game settings until it works and hopefully wait for Activision for patch  for optimizing the game

Which call of duty modern warfare there are some parts?

• TanmayGangwar
    edited March 2020
    Options

Which call of duty modern warfare there are some parts?
    I assume that @k222 is talking about call of duty modern warfare 2019 as warzone is its battle royale and he is facing problem in warzone and the older modern warfare trilogy is (came out during 2007-2011) far inferior and the hardware can run the older trilogy modern warfare very well

So yea i think he is facing problems with the newer COD MW 2019 which is very demanding in terms of hardware.And its recently launched warzone is not optimized and demanding. I hope its clear now.
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • TanmayGangwar
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @k222 also since you dont have ssd and have 8gb ram CODMW warzone will take time to load and setup if you have set graphics to high or there are many background apps running so do take care do not run many background apps 

As you see the only bottleneck when running CODMW (on our systems AN515-42  which mine and AN515-43 which is yours) is ram as its minimum ram requirement is 8gb which mean 8gb available for use in your and mine case we have 8gb ram installed but around 1.1gb is hardware reserved leaving you with 6.9 gb of available ram if  you see what i am trying to explain is we dont have enough ram sadly...
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    Post video setting image here

• TanmayGangwar
    Options
    @GAMING6698
     here is my setting for codmw 2019
     and also let shaders install it will help

Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Also send keyboard and mouse settings,audio

• TanmayGangwar
    Options
    why do you need that and i think mine are default didn't change thing there in those settings
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Options
    why do you need that and i think mine are default didn't change thing there in those settings
    Wrong Mouse dpi and audio quality also decrease fps.

Default settings may not optimize for your laptop 

• TanmayGangwar
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @GAMING6698
    i dont what are you talking about never heard the wrong dpi decreases fps its on personal choice but anyway here it is 
    Can you please provide me with articles dealing with "Wrong Mouse dpi and audio quality also decrease fps." i wanna learn more on this
    i use custom dpi of 400 for CODMW set on my logitech g hub
    Here are those snips :- 

Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @GAMING6698
    i dont what are you talking about never heard the wrong dpi decreases fps its on personal choice but anyway here it is 
    Can you please provide me with articles dealing with "Wrong Mouse dpi and audio quality also decrease fps." i wanna learn more on this
    i use custom dpi of 400 for CODMW set on my logitech g hub
    Here are those snips:- 

1)Open the AMD Radeon Settings window.
    -Click on the Gaming tab.
    -Click on the Anti-aliasing level, select  2X
    -Then, click on the Anisotropic Filtering
    Level, select 2X.
    3)make sure your window game mode is on 
    4)Set the render resolution to 100%.
    5)frame rate -unlimited 
    6)anti-aliasing to FXAA
    7)ADS mouse sensitivity set it to 
    legacy
    8)mouse sensitivity low-medium is better

Audio settings default is good there is no setting which decreases performance 

• TanmayGangwar
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @GAMING6698 i used to play the game on those settings except ADS and full-screen optimization I downgrade other things due to forums on Activision said that warzone is not optimized and its best to turn everything off just to be on the safe side even Activision troubleshoot asked to do same things which i have done now which are my current settings

you told me to set anti-aliasing to 2x and Anisotropic Filtering also to 2x let me tell you it's only for application with DX9 and CODMW is DX12 application so I don't know how it gonna work 
    game mode is on 
    many of these crashes are due to spike in frame rates that is why Activision has asked players to limit frame rates to their screen refresh rate so that there is no sudden spike in the rise and fall of frames. please care to explain "ADS mouse sensitivity set it to legacy"
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @GAMING6698 i used to play the game on those settings except ADS and full-screen optimization I downgrade other things due to forums on Activision said that warzone is not optimized and its best to turn everything off just to be on the safe side even Activision troubleshoot asked to do some things which I have done now which are my current settings
    If the game is not optimized for PC then we can't do anything.just play another game 

• TanmayGangwar
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @GAMING6698 ik we can't do anything i was just helping @k222 with settings that worked for me i can play the game though it still crashes but chances have become very rare i was trying to help @k222 as i already solved my problem of crashing

and can you please provide me with a guide on "Wrong Mouse dpi and audio quality also decrease fps." i want to learn more about it
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @GAMING6698 ik we can't do anything i was just helping @k222 with settings that worked for me i can play the game though it still crashes but chances have become very rare i was trying to help @k222 as i already solved my problem of crashing

and can you please provide me with a guide on "Wrong Mouse dpi and audio quality also decrease fps." i want to learn more about it
    Higher audio quality results in more CPU cycles devoted to sound playback, which means less power for the graphics and high dpi is not always good.i don't know how i explain about DPI

• GAMING6698
    Options
    @GAMING6698 i used to play the game on those settings except ADS and full-screen optimization I downgrade other things due to forums on Activision said that warzone is not optimized and its best to turn everything off just to be on the safe side even Activision troubleshoot asked to do same things which i have done now which are my current settings

you told me to set anti-aliasing to 2x and Anisotropic Filtering also to 2x let me tell you it's only for application with DX9 and CODMW is DX12 application so I don't know how it gonna work 
    game mode is on 
    many of these crashes are due to spike in frame rates that is why Activision has asked players to limit frame rates to their screen refresh rate so that there is no sudden spike in the rise and fall of frames. please care to explain "ADS mouse sensitivity set it to legacy"
    Let me tell you its works.now days who play dx9 games on high end pc? .if this only affect dx9 games then amd should remove these settings because dx11 also getting old now, new dx12 is in use

• Nero21
    Nero21 Member Posts: 191 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

game mode is on 
    Let me tell you its works.now days who play dx9 games on high end pc? .if this only affect dx9 games then amd should remove these settings because dx11 also getting old now, new dx12 is in use
    Point to be noted
  • TanmayGangwar
    Options
    @GAMING6698 well i understand you but then why do they dont update the description why it still says works dor application using dx9 i am bit confused they should fix that description
    Namaste,
    Always ready to help...