Add a sata drive to SP314-53N-77AJ?

Ahodson1983
Ahodson1983 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought a Spin 3 SP314-53N-77AJ from Amazon with a 512GB M.2 ssd. It hasn't arrived yet, but I was trying to figure out if this model has the necessary components to add a sata hhd for extra storage.  If it does I'd like to order one and get it on its way as well. I've seen some posts for older models discussing this, but I can't find any info for this one. Can anyone help me out with this info? 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to wait until the laptop arrives, the HDD protective rubber and the cable needed may be included in the box, if you don't have them included, you have to buy them separately, let us know once you receive your laptop and one of us will help you with the part numbers.

• Ahodson1983

I received my laptop. I opened it up and it doesn't look like it came with the sata cable or foam/mount for the sata drive. It does seem to have the open bay for it and I'm guessing the open port on the motherboard is for a sata connector. Can anyone help me with part numbers for the cable and foam/mount? Thanks.
  • Ahodson1983
    Can anyone tell me what parts I need to order to be able to add a sata drive to me new Spin 3? I posted pictures above.  Thanks.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    There is the SATA cable, the foam mount and a mylar shield. I have part descriptions, but not the part numbers for this model. The descriptions are:
    HDD FFC 10P 0.5 L:84 DL4FA
    HDD ELASTOMER 42.VJTN5.002 (that one has the actual part number, starting with 42.)
    DL4FA(00) HDD AL FOIL MYLAR
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • alejandrolemmo
    alejandrolemmo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, 

Were you able to find the cable and caddy? I have the same laptop and have an extra HDD that would help a lot.
    I have seen a few similar on eBay, for the SP14-51, would those work? The seem to be pretty much the same. 
  • Ahodson1983
    No, I haven't found the parts yet. I searched for a while but then got sidetracked. I found a couple generic cables on eBay that I thought would work. I was going to just make my own caddy out of foam board.