how to switch from vega 8 to rx560x

Options
Piro
Piro Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

Please can anyone help me how to switch my graphic card from vega 8 to rx 560x cuz i have so much lag with this vega 8 when i play any game, can anyone help me please!!

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Piro There is nothing wrong with your laptop, you simply have not set up your AMD control center. As @MaClane said please Follow my walk through below

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. Click the link below to download the 2020 Control Center and the latest drivers for the RX560x will be automatically installed
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-2-1

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up properly. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your hard drive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening Piro !

There is no way to "change".
    The exchange is carried out dynamically by the system and controllers when the device is connected to the power outlet and using the high performance plan.
    You must properly configure the Adrenalin application.
    See in the post of our friend @andylb :
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/801410#Comment_801410

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Piro
    Piro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi @MaClane
    I don't know why Radeon won't fix this or update their drivers...
    I'm feeling very bad in this situation because i bought this laptop 600$ and when i see my graphic card wont working it makes me nervous!
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,351 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Piro said:
    Hi @MaClane
    I don't know why Radeon won't fix this or update their drivers...
    I'm feeling very bad in this situation because i bought this laptop 600$ and when i see my graphic card wont working it makes me nervous!
    Download amd radeon software from official amd driver site for rx560x and install it will update your driver .and launch your game from amd radeon software then system use rx560x.

Site- https://www.amd.com/en/support
    (In site select rx560x)
    Rx560x only work when needed while gaming .other for low demanding work ,muti tasking ,normal usage vega 8 works
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Piro There is nothing wrong with your laptop, you simply have not set up your AMD control center. As @MaClane said please Follow my walk through below

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. Click the link below to download the 2020 Control Center and the latest drivers for the RX560x will be automatically installed
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-2-1

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up properly. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your hard drive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★