BIOS update question

degjcmo
degjcmo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I have an older Predator AG3620, it originally had Windows 8 installed, of course it now has Windows 10 Home, no problem there this PC runs better than most new ones. I work from home most of the time and my employer wants me to update my BIOS to a version less than 7 years old (current is American Megatrends P11-A3 from 10/18/2012). On the Acer website there is a version P11.B1 from 04/03/2014 but it is titled BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades). Honestly I imagine that it was labeled Not for Upgrades referring to upgrades from Windows 7. Windows 10 wasn't released until a year after this BIOS update.

My question is will this cause any problems since I've upgraded to Windows 10?

Answers

• Why does he want to update the bios? Also, I just up to version P11.A4.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Chimex
    Chimex Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hello,
    I see "Bios Update Question" so i thought to post my question here.
    I am sorry if this is not the correct place.
    I Have Aspire M3910. its an intel Core i3. windows 10. My Bios is PO1-A3.
    I have seen that there are about 2 updates to the Bios on the update page but since there is a warning to be careful, I always hesistate.
    1 reason is that the Acer update software never tells me that I need to update the Bios.
    Secondly, the Operating system there is stating for windows 7-32bit and 64bit. (I have windows 10)
    The Bios I see as the latest says "Updates CPU Module from 8.00.15_CPU-i7_01.0C to 8.00.15_CPU-i7_01.0F and Disable Intel Enhanced Debug mode." (No idea what this refers to).

I have just installed 4 more Gigs of Ram (totaling 8 Gigs)
    I am considering Changing the Cpu from i3 to i5 or i7 (if I find a good deal)
    I just found a nice cheap (More powerful) Graphics card that I can swap with the Ati Radeon the pc came with.
    ..... and so on.
    I enumerated all this so you understand my interest in updating the Bios.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  • @ChimexIdeally, you should create a new topic. Your question will be visible to all users.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)