Temperature Control Help

Isieltov
Isieltov Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 12 in 2020 Archives
Hi Guys,

Need a bit of help, as I'm still reaching near 100 deg Celsius when playing Monster Hunter World on my unit despite having done the following:
 1. Undervolt via ThrottleStop with settings below for reference.
 2. Had the thing re-pasted at a local PC re-seller (not Acer) and cleaned fans (actually re-pasted twice now, one was with trash CoolerMaster then second was with Kryonaut Grizzly, thinking of trying Arctic MX-4?)
 3. Fans at max with CoolBoost on.
 4. Game is already set at all low with full-screen and DirectX12 enabled.
 5. I make it a point that the only programs running when the game is on are PredatorSense, ThrottleStop, Steam, Discord.
 6. Ambient temperature of surrounding area is 23~27 deg C.
 7. It has it's own cooling fan as well as a dinky dedicated USB fan.

Is there anything else I can do? :'(

Comments

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    Isieltov said:
    Hi Guys,

Need a bit of help, as I'm still reaching near 100 deg Celsius when playing Monster Hunter World on my unit despite having done the following:
     1. Undervolt via ThrottleStop with settings below for reference.
     2. Had the thing re-pasted at a local PC re-seller (not Acer) and cleaned fans (actually re-pasted twice now, one was with trash CoolerMaster then second was with Kryonaut Grizzly, thinking of trying Arctic MX-4?)
     3. Fans at max with CoolBoost on.
     4. Game is already set at all low with full-screen and DirectX12 enabled.
     5. I make it a point that the only programs running when the game is on are PredatorSense, ThrottleStop, Steam, Discord.
     6. Ambient temperature of surrounding area is 23~27 deg C.
     7. It has it's own cooling fan as well as a dinky dedicated USB fan.

Is there anything else I can do? :'(

You in wrong place go in nitro and aspire gaming and predator laptop for this type of problems there we help i have no knowledge about this so other help you there
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Triparadox
    Triparadox Member Posts: 55 Devotee WiFi Icon
    1. Ambient temperature ✔️
    2. Good airflow ✔️
    3. No unnecessary apps running on the background ✔️
    4. Fans settings on PredatorSense ✔️
    5. Undervolt ✔️
    6. Repasting ⚠️
    I personally will not trust independent technicians to repaste both your GPU and CPU. Kyronaut, although quite expensive, is one of the best thermal paste based on the thermal conductivity (12.5 W/mK). I suggest you to stick with it. There's a video on Linus Tech Tips that proves one thing: applying too little will cause thermal issue. Assuming you brought it to someone else to apply it, there's a chance they gave it too little or there is a bubble which causes significantly less physical contact. Tear down the laptop yourself and repaste it yourself.
    Below are the list of items you may need:
    • Pry tool
    • Isopropyl alcohol (91%)
    • Bath cotton
    • Screwdriver
    • Thermal paste (Kyronaut with 12.5 W/mK or TF8 with 13.8W/mK)
    If you haven't done it previously, it may take you 1 to 2 hrs to work on it yourself. Take your time, don't be impatient. After reading through your description, I cannot find anything wrong with it except doubting the work of that independent technician. If the problem persist, feel free to contact Acer Support. If it's still under warranty, they may be able to replace it under defective product.
  • KairuChan
    KairuChan Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

You should have brought it to the nearest customer service of Acer.
  • Isieltov
    Isieltov Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Thanks @Triparadox ! Got some new Kryonaut in the mail. Will see how it goes.
    @KairuChan unfortunately, the Acer Support from where I'm from says they at least a week with at most 2 weeks to "fix" (re-paste?) my laptop. Not really viable given that I also use it to work with.