Predator Orion 3000 - How to activate XMP profile?

undiedhank
undiedhank Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Thing is I just grabbed a 16x2 3200 kit off amazon and didn't seem to find any XMP-related settings in the acer bios. Is this function lacking because I need a newer bios version or is the XMP function locked in Acer bios? thanks a lot for the help.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening undiedhank !

Which EXACT model of your computer which processor version?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• undiedhank
    MaClane said:
    Good evening undiedhank !

Which EXACT model of your computer which processor version?

Acer Predator Orion 3000 (PO3-600) and I7-9700 as processor.
  • undiedhank
    Is there any help on how I can enable XMP or simply adjust ram speed? it is quite frustrating when you buy a good pair of ram sticks and only be able to use 70% of their potential.
  • MaClane
    RAMs will never work at 3200 as the maximum frequency access limit for the processor is 2666.
    It is a physical limit that cannot be changed.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/br/pt/ark/products/191792/intel-core-i7-9700-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• undiedhank
    MaClane said:
    RAMs will never work at 3200 as the maximum frequency access limit for the processor is 2666.
    It is a physical limit that cannot be changed.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/br/pt/ark/products/191792/intel-core-i7-9700-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz.html

XMP is basically ram overclocking--and it goes past processor limit. Most motherboards have their switch as an option in their bios but I did not find it in mine.
  • MaClane
    It is not exactly that.
    Some Bios have the option to activate an XMP profile for RMAs they support.
    But the question of the processor is physical.
    It doesn't matter if your RAM has a frequency of 4000Mhz.
    If the processor limit is lower, the final output frequency will be limited by the instructions.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™