Audio jack not working. Acer Predator PH315-52

Options
Markus_Crause
Markus_Crause Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, my audio jack isnt working at all. I plug my headphones in but does not detect that I inserted something. Im trying to use a headphone/mic combo on the laptop. The headset has a 3.5mm jack which supports a headphone and mic in one. But does not detect I inserted it. The headset also comes with a cable which has a headphone and mic split. But also does not detect them. I'm pretty certain the headset works. I've tried installing and reinstalling audio drivers but it still does not work. 

Please help.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you plug in the headset, does anything appear in the notifications?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Markus_Crause
    Options
    When you plug in the headset, does anything appear in the notifications?
    Yes, I turned off notifications but I turned it on again. It asks me "Which device did you plug in?" then I say: "Headset". But this does not change anything in audio settings. In sound control panel, under playback it still says Speakers and under microphone it says Microphone array which is the built in microphones. So yes, it detects but does not change from speakers to headphones and also does not change my microphone.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are there any specific settings on the Realtek Audio Console?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Markus_Crause
    Options
    Are there any specific settings on the Realtek Audio Console?
    I can only change the type of thing I inserted like headphones, headset. But does not acually change anything
  • Locked6
    Locked6 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I just had this same issue; I believe I solved mine by going to the Realtek audio console and under the Microphone array tab I bumped up the Microphone Boost to +30 dB. Acer support did mention to me that the headset will still register as the Speakers 3 (Realtek (R) Audio) and the Microphone on the headset shows as Microphone Array.

I was them able to type in Speech recognition into the windows search bar and set up speech recognition using my microphone. I then went to the voice recorder App and used it there to just double check that my headset microphone was in fact working. 
  • dvdck
    dvdck Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Locked6 said:
    I just had this same issue; I believe I solved mine by going to the Realtek audio console and under the Microphone array tab I bumped up the Microphone Boost to +30 dB. Acer support did mention to me that the headset will still register as the Speakers 3 (Realtek (R) Audio) and the Microphone on the headset shows as Microphone Array.

I was them able to type in Speech recognition into the windows search bar and set up speech recognition using my microphone. I then went to the voice recorder App and used it there to just double check that my headset microphone was in fact working. 
    im pretty sure that this didnt solve youre issue, i have the same laptop and im having the same issue, but one thing that you probably didnt noticce is that even if you plug the headset into the audio jack, the built in mic that is close to the webcam is still working.

seriously Acer support is very useless in this matter, they simply give no feedback, all they say is that i probably need to reinstall windows, even after an recent installation from scratch.

• MarioL
    MarioL Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I personally just bough same laptop, same problem. After numerous test, I just bought a Jack to USB-C converter as well as deactivated the Microphone Array. I agree it's not a fix but it works.
  • Navid_Nilchian
    Navid_Nilchian Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    such *****....ive had this laptop for quite some time and still have this problem...
  • MrDingDong
    MrDingDong Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    hey i have this laptop since june 2020 and still i have the same problem , i got legion h300 gaming headset a month back and found out a week ago that the mic which the laptop waas using all this time was the inbuilt one and not the headset. The laptop will give sound through the headset but no notification whatsoever and always uses inbuilt microphone array and never the headset mic. So, Mariol can you give the link or the name of the jack to usb-c you bought? As i wanna make sure that it works. Also i know this is an old issue, so if any other solution is there please lemme know.
  • UnKnownError
    UnKnownError Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Locked6 said:

Yup, this is the only way it works. I own helios 300 since 2019 Jan and searched through out the internet and tried all the mentioned solution but to no use. It only shows seperate devices when you connect a bluetooth headset. But too is a choas to use the mic and headphone simultaneously.
  • Diyok
    Diyok Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Locked6 said:

I tried bumping it but it only bumps up the sensitivity of the laptop's built in mic. and when I went to Realtek Audio Console under Analog output and select headset, it finally detects my earphone mic, and yeah it still shows as Microphone Array but it finally isn't te laptop's built in mic anymore
  • FelipePPJ
    FelipePPJ Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I really found the solution here in this video!!
    :)