Nitro 5 An515-42 no bootable device

Ejayy
Ejayy Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone,

Need help with this, just installed my m.2 on my laptop installed fresh os on it. Installed all my programs and used it for several hrs (note: while plugged on charger) then after i restart it. I receive the error "NO BOOTABLE DEVICE"

After checking my bios. My hdd, m2 ssd, and ram are all detected. See screenshot

Even when booting up my bootable USB , it detects both of my drives.

I dont know what to do, i tried the pin method on the battery for 30 secs , unplugging and plugging my hdd, but it still didn't work, the only thing i haven't tried is installing the os again. I'm hoping theres a fix for this, its really frustrating if im going to install an os and the problem will repeat.

Here are the settings on my bios, if any of it helps. 

Best Answer

• Ejayy

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    christy1 said:
    Hi Ejayy,
    Did you to try to do a bios default. Press f9 for defaults->press yes to confirm. Press f10 to save the settings->press yes to confirm. 
    Yep, tried it. still didn't work, but I did manage to fix it by installing a fresh OS again at first It didn't let me install since the hard drives are not located or something like that (i forgot the error message about it) What I did was I clean the m2 SSD using CMD and it formats it. then boom problem-solve for now I suppose..

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi Ejayy,
    Did you to try to do a bios default. Press f9 for defaults->press yes to confirm. Press f10 to save the settings->press yes to confirm. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Ejayy

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    christy1 said:
    Hi Ejayy,
    Yep, tried it. still didn't work, but I did manage to fix it by installing a fresh OS again at first It didn't let me install since the hard drives are not located or something like that (i forgot the error message about it) What I did was I clean the m2 SSD using CMD and it formats it. then boom problem-solve for now I suppose..
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Ejayy said:
    christy1 said:
    Hi Ejayy,

Good to know that the problem is solved and unit is working. Good luck :+1:

Accept if its Helpful.   B)