Internet problem (default gateway not available)

Options
ImHedgehog
ImHedgehog Member Posts: 20 Networker

Hello,

first, really sorry for bad English and any mistakes in grammar.

I just recently bought laptop Predator Helios300

specs:

Processor & Chipset

Processor Manufacturer Intel®

Processor Type Core™ i7

Processor Model i7-9750H

Processor Speed 2.60 GHz

Maximum Turbo Speed 4.50 GHz

Processor Core Hexa-core (6 Core™)

Cache 12 MB

64-bit Processing Yes

Chipset Manufacturer Intel®

Chipset Model HM370

Memory

Standard Memory 16 GB

Maximum Memory 32 GB

Memory Technology DDR4 SDRAM

Number of Total Memory Slots 2

Memory Card Reader No

Storage

Drive Type SSD

Total Solid State Drive Capacity 1 TB

Solid State Drive Configuration 1 x 1 TB

Optical Drive Type No

Graphics

Graphics Controller Manufacturer NVIDIA®

Graphics Controller Model GeForce® RTX™ 2070

Graphics Memory Capacity Up to 8 GB

Graphics Memory Technology GDDR6

Graphics Memory Accessibility Dedicated

Network & Communication

Wireless LAN Yes

Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac

Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet

Bluetooth Yes

Front Camera/Webcam

Yes

Software

Operating System Platform

Windows

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

Operating System Architecture

64-bit

and I have some issues with wifi. At home when I connected to wifi and was on some websites my connection just lost. the yellow triangle appears on wifi. I troubleshoot it, it says that default gateway is not available and restarted wifi adapter and wifi started to work again. (for another 5 mins.) and it was like a neverending story. So I thought it was with my router. I bought a new one with a 5mhz connection and everything was fine. I got an even faster speed.

Now I'm on work travel in Germany at the hotel and I have the same issue with this hotel wifi. it always stops working after a short period of time(yellow triangle appears on wifi and after troubleshooting it, it says default gateway and restarts wifi adapter and it starts work). So I tried my work laptop and it works absolutely fine. I ask my colleague and he hasn't a problem with it either.

and the most strange thing is that it never stops work when I'm on Netflix. I can watch like 4 hours straight and no disconnection. But on youtube, every video stops my wifi. if it fully loaded I can watch it and no disconnection. I just don't understand what is wrong with it. The same thing with download files. I tried download game via Steam. It starts downloading 1.1mb per second for 30 seconds and then it started to going down to 0 and after that yellow triangle on wifi.

After all this, I realized that it always happens when some video is loading, or some files are downloading. or when I tried to play DotA ( cs go works well no high ping and no disconnection, the same for Netflix, never disconnect me.)

I typed ipconfig on cmd and set manually IP address and everything. it doesn't help. I tried some tutorials to restart IP. doesn't help. I updated drivers. doesnt helps. ( I have Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (200NGW)

Can someone please advise me what to do or had the same issue and fixed it? Please help me.

Thank you very much.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example G3-572-58VH. Also, have you checked if the proxy, ip and dns are in automatic?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ImHedgehog
    Options
    • Predator Helios 300 PH317-53-787G Gaming Notebook

Yes everything is in auto. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to update the drivers on the intel and nvidia websites? Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ImHedgehog
    Options
    every driver is updated. 

I dont know what restart battery means. Its a new laptop can it be because of it ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you inform your notebook model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. In newer models, to reset the battery, it is necessary to turn off the notebook and press the power for 12 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImHedgehog
    Options
    Part Number: NH.Q5REC.004

I will try that battery reset.
  • ImHedgehog
    Options
    ok, tried that restart, didnt help
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did this problem occur after any windows update?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImHedgehog
    Options
    No, it was immidiatly when I bought it. It never happens when the wifi is fast. it happens only when it tried to load something or download and the exception are Netflix and cs go(maybe there is some more) when I'm only browsing text websites problem never occurs. 

Maybe there is something wrong in advanced driver settings but I'm not familiar with it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the event viewer show any specific errors?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImHedgehog
    Options
    not really only some information about driver and provider and stuff. I can copy it but i have it in Slovak language, so I dont think it help
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I mean the "system" tab of the event viewer. Example:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImHedgehog
    Options
    Oh I'm sorry okay, this is recent:

Name resolution for the name ipv4-c122-ams001-ix.1.oca.nflxvideo.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

and this

6062 - Lso was triggered

I checked all of them and it always this 2 
  • ImHedgehog
    edited March 2020
    Options
    edit: ok only the "6062 - Lso was triggered repeated" the first one is different time to time depends on which site I tried to visit when the connection is lost
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you disable msconfig services and programs, does the problem continue?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImHedgehog
    Options
    I dont understand what you mean. Can you please explain more futher ? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImHedgehog
    Options
    I tried, no luck still 6062- Lso was trigered. :anguished:
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send a screenshot of this setting?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ImHedgehog
    Options
    I think I maybe did it !!

I changed in advanced driver settings in the device manager setting on 802.11a/b/g Wireless mode.  It was before on "Dual band 802.11a/b/g" and I changed it to "2.4Ghz 802.11b/g".

3 youtube videos and 10 minutes downloading via steam and 0 disconnects.

I will update if it disconnects me or not. I will try download NieR:Automata through steam and see if it can be done with 0 disconects.

Thank you very much for your help you provide me.